Pat+VARA beta: new patch b12a797

Chris Keller

Mar 19, 2022, 4:56:34 PM3/19/22
to pat-users
Hello folks,

If you're one of our brave beta testers, you'll be happy to hear that I've made another patch release.

- Bandwidth selection for VARA (and ARDOP, except the ARDOP modem doesn't use it yet)
- Don't complain about REGISTERED being an unknown VARA command
- VARA FM Wide stations in the RMS list have the appropriate dial frequency
- darwin-arm64 (Mac M1) installer now available

I'm also working on listening for P2P VARA connections, but it's not ready yet. Let us know what you find!

73, Chris

Chris Keller

Mar 19, 2022, 4:57:29 PM3/19/22
to pat-users
Oh, I probably should've dropped the Drive link to download the new versions: here.

KM4ACK

Mar 20, 2022, 12:07:47 PM3/20/22
to pat-users
Thanks Chris! One question, will the ARDOP bandwidth selection make the "ardop speed" in the config file obsolete or is this something different?

73, de KM4ACK

Chris Keller

Mar 20, 2022, 12:14:18 PM3/20/22
to KM4ACK, pat-users
Hi Jason, the `arq_bandwidth` that's currently in the config file will now only apply to P2P listening connections. Bandwidth for outgoing connections will now be specified as part of the dial URL, e.g. `ardop:///K0SI?bw=2000&freq=3585`.

Georges WH6AZ

Mar 20, 2022, 8:42:04 PM3/20/22
to pat-users

Happy to report the combination of PAT + VARA (on wine) + kappanhang on linux laptop, WiFi connected to IC-705 runs great. First time able to perform VARA connections. Really happy with this 100% wireless solution.

Thanks for the ongoing great work on PAT.

Steffen Burmeister

Mar 21, 2022, 5:50:26 AM3/21/22
to pat-users
Hi Chris,

I was trying to test the new PAT beta, but it seems the armhf .deb in your directory is bit for bit the same as pat_a756245_linux_armhf.deb. There must be something off in the build-process.

73, de DO1LPH
   Steffen

Chris Keller

Mar 22, 2022, 7:05:08 PM3/22/22
to Steffen Burmeister, pat-users
Steffen, not sure what happened there with the duplicate. I'm uploading a new version, both to make sure I cleaned up the build artifacts and to add some progress from the weekend.