Solution: automated Debian hotplug start/stop of AX25 kissattach USB serial device

Alan Crosswell

Mar 30, 2022, 9:49:10 AM3/30/22
to pat-users
I figured out how to automate the start/stop of AX25 when my USB serial device (which is connected to my Kenwood TM-D710) is plugged in.  This is currently documented here: https://github.com/n2ygk/winlink#set-up-ax25-kiss

I would be happy to submit an update to the wiki at https://github.com/la5nta/pat/wiki/AX25-Linux if appropriate. It's basically a couple of (ugly) changes to ax25.service

73 de Alan N2YGK

Alan Crosswell

Mar 30, 2022, 10:24:51 AM3/30/22
to pat-users
Although... the device may get a different name depending on when it gets plugged in relative to another USB serial device such as a GPS. So this needs a bit more smarts to make sure the right thing happens.

Alan Crosswell

Mar 30, 2022, 3:32:52 PM3/30/22
to pat-users
I fixed this with a udev rule that give the TNC serial port a consistent symlinked name.
README, etc. updated.