Will you make a call? PMA -amending the State Constitution "Corporations Are Not People, Money Is Not Speech"

g sonder

Jun 30, 2016, 6:12:40 PM6/30/16
to PMAAnnounce
PassMassAmendment.org - Moving Forward in 2016 - July Newsletter

“Corporations are not People. Money is not Speech.”

http://passmassamendment.org/

1-2-3 Action-Steps to MOVE Bills S-53 and H-933 to a VOTE

We know that you are as passionate about getting BIG MONEY OUT of POLITICS as we are; and NOW, we are asking YOU to show and voice your passion!

Your Elected Officials need to hear from YOU!

 Yes, call them, again, even if they already support these bills.

The MA State House will likely be holding its last Joint Session for the year on July 13th, and we have been led to believe that the PassMassAmendment friendly bills S-53 (Donnelly) and H-933 (Rogers/Mark) will be on the calendar for the MA Constitutional Convention at 1pm that Wednesday.

We are asking you and your friends, to please call/e-mail both S-53 Lead Sponsor
Senator Donnelly (617-722-1432) <Kenneth....@masenate.gov>

and your Senator & Rep <https://malegislature.gov/People/CityList> .

Tell them that you support these two MA Constitutional Amendments,

and that you would like the PMA friendly Amendments to be brought to a vote on July 13th.

 PLEASE TAKE ACTION NOW!

Here is what you can do, today:

1- Find your elected officials by city-town here:

https://malegislature.gov/People/CityList

2- Call or e-mail the officials in your district before Wed.  JULY 13th*

3- Share this announcement and your action with your friends and neighbors.

Meet PMA in BOSTON - Show your Commitment to Get $$$ OUT on July 13th

Public Event - MA State Constitutional Convention* - 1 pm; Wed. July 13th, House Chambers

Re-convening of the State Constitutional Convention (Part VI)

ACTION:  Gather at 12:45 pm; - House Gallery (4th Fl.) of the State House

RSVP!! PassMassAmendmentPSA @ gmail.com to let us know you’re planning to join PMA at the State House.

Wear your PMA Tee!

*JULY* PMA Monthly Meeting – SUNDAY, July 10, ’16; 1:30-4:30PM

Mastrangelo Room, 2nd floor;

Watertown Public Library, 123 Main St., Watertown, MA 02472 (MBTA & Free Parking)

Details of meeting location and agenda posted here: https://www.facebook.com/events/1710197565901372/

August 3rd - Deadline to File an INITIATIVE PETITION FOR A CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT - a proposed Massachusetts State constitutional amendment to submit to the voters for approval or rejection.

Next PMA Monthly Meeting Sunday, August 14, 2016, 1:30-4:30PM,

Watertown Public Library,

Mastrangelo Room, 123 Main St., Watertown, MA (MBTA & Free Parking)

End of August PMA 2nd Meeting Sunday, August, 28, 2016, 1:30-4:30PM,

Eastern Savings Bank, Community Room, 1 Church St. Watertown, MA

    (Directly behind the Armenian Museum on Main St. and directly across from Santandar Bank on Church St.)  (MBTA & Free Parking)

STATE HOUSE ACTION WORKING GROUP

Be a part of the NEW PMA SHAWG (State House Action Working Group)

LEGISLATIVE ACTION ITEMS:

NOW is the BEST POSSIBLE political climate to GET $$$$ OUT OF POLITICS, starting right HERE in MASSACHUSETTS!

  • Join our Action List for more news about PMA and the upcoming FALL Petitioning Campaign:

- passmas...@googlegroups.com   Contact group owner to join!

Thank you for being a part of this critical grassroots movement,

Gina

PMA State House Liaison

passmassam...@gmail.com

“Corporations are not People. Money is not Speech.”

---

Bills filed for a MA Constitutional Amendment in the State House this session:

Proposal for a legislative amendment to the Constitution relative to corporate rights and political spending

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/BillHtml/142238?generalCourtId=12

Proposal for a legislative amendment to the Constitution to declare that corporations are not people, money is not speech.

https://malegislature.gov/Bills/BillHtml/142161?generalCourtId=12

PassMassAmendment_announc_07-01-16_july.pdf
passmassamendmentpsa.vcf