Back to Our Roots

nick bokron

Jul 21, 2019, 5:59:07 PM7/21/19
to passmass...@googlegroups.com
Hi All,

          Please pay attention as this email also contains our planning into next year. Attached in this email are the documents needed to be an "Original Signer" for petitions. Any petition filed with the State to become a ballot initiative needs at least 10 Original Signers. A Voter Registration Certificate gets included with each petition when we file with the State.  We can make copies to submit with petitions. We have included 3 petition forms. Two are for 2019 and one is for 2020.
          Our plan is to submit the "Corporations are not People..." and the "Non-resident" petitions this year. Like last year we expect only the "Non-resident" petition to be certified and we will not be getting any printed petition forms from the State. We will get the pdf and if anyone wants they can collect signatures. We will not be actively petitioning this year as our main focus will be next year. The odd years like 2019 are the times when most petitioning is done. Next year, 2020, there will basically be no one else petitioning. It will be a presidential election next year and we expect a huge turnout. In actuality we feel that we could gather all of the signatures needed on election day with proper participation, but, would not rely on that because of weather. Next year will also be the 10th anniversary of the Citizens United decision which was January 21, 2010. An economic slowdown is also expected. In 2020 we will be going back to our roots and we expect to be petitioning for the Amendment to the Massachusetts Constitution based on "Corporations are not People, Money is not Speech"(attached). After the Attorney General's office does not certify the language we will go through the Massachusetts Supreme Judicial Court and then an affidavit will be signed stating that we will get the required signatures and the signatures will be certified by the clerks. We expect to be submitting next year's petition as soon as we can this year. That is why it is included

         First is the Voter Registration Certificate(VRC). This VRC needs to be filled out by the clerk of the City/ Town from which you live and are registered to vote. At least 3 registrars names must be signed or stamped where noted. There has been confusion at times in the past. Clerks have at times made citizens pay $5 for a form with an embossed stamp which is not acceptable. The VRC form attached is what needs to be filled out and signed by the clerk. There is no charge for the VRC. We can make copies of the VRC if you sign more than one petition
         Attached are copies of original signer petitions. The 2019 petitions need to be turned in by the first Wednesday of August, the 7th. We will not be getting petition forms, but, we will have a pdf that can be downloaded around the middle of September for the "Non-resident" petition. The 2020 petition is what we bill be focusing on for next year. Let us be clear - all of the "Original 10" signers actually appear on the petition with their address. We submit more than the 10, in case any are not accepted or challenged, so not all appear on the petition.

         For all that have made it this far, it is greatly appreciated. I will say that I am looking forward to going back to the Amendment based on "Corporations are not People, Money is not Speech". We really need your participation to make it work. Also, if any are involved with organizations please let them know about us and our plans. I would expect us to start ramping up around the holidays. If any have any questions or comments please contact us.

          Also we have two pieces of legislation in this session of the MA State House. H85 based on "Corporations are not People, Money is not Speech" https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H85 and H686 based on "Foreign Nationals and Disclosure" https://malegislature.gov/Bills/191/H686 . Contact your legislators to support.

          Let us end by reminding everyone what we have always been saying. Until we get the corrupting influence of corporations and big money out of the political process the issues that are most important to you will not be resolved to your satisfaction.

                                         Thanx,
                                               Nick Bokron
                                               passmassamendment.org
                                               781 715 7822
                                               P. O. Box 74 Nahant, MA 01908

VRC (Voter Registration Certificate).pdf
2019 Corp... Original Sign Up.pdf
2019 Non-resident Original Sign Up.pdf
2020 Corp... Original Sign Up.pdf