PassMassAmendment Update: ASK YOUR LEGISLATOR to Co-Sponsor H63 to get BIG MONEY OUT of our elections, help amend the Massachusetts Constitution, based on "Corporations Are Not People, Money is Not Speech"

Terra

Jan 29, 2017, 6:36:39 PM1/29/17

PassMassAmendment.org - Moving Forward in 2017

“Corporations are not People. Money is not Speech.”

*UPDATE - PassMass files Bills! See Bill #s Below, Ask YOUR Legislator to Co-Sponsor!

H63 Amendment Bill ATTACHED! READY to CO-SPONSOR!
Drafts for two other bills attached, for your comment

Here's a message from Nick Bokron. Below, see other info/updates.

 Hi All,

             It seems like it has been awhile since our last communication.
The shortened petitioning period ended and then the Holidays. I am remiss
to not mention the ramifications of the election. One result is a huge
upsurge in participation of People in Progressive causes. In all other
organizations that I am involved with, I have witnessed this. The March on
Saturday surely emphasized this. This all reminds me of a sign that I saw
at the Madison Protests of 2011, "Scott Walker is the best Union organizer
that we have". Deja vu.

		Nick

PassMassAmendment is a totally grassroots, all volunteer, organization that
runs on People Power. We need your help to get the corrupting influence of
corporation and big money out of the political process. A new legislative
session has recently started and our efforts have expanded.

Not only is our effort focused on our Amendment(H63), but, we are also working
on two other issues(HD2350 and HD3070). H63 is ready for gathering cosponsors
and support, We have until February 3rd. HD 2350 and HD 3070 have been submitted
to House counsel for review and can not be supported/ cosponsored yet.

All are attached. HD2350 and HD 3070 are just drafts. Please make suggestions on how
they can be improved.

	 HD2350 is about limiting nonresident's contributions in State,
County and Municipal elections. HD 3070 is about disclosure/ disclaimer
based on the threat of foreign nationals influencing our political process,
which will also affect the influence of 'dark money".

	 On February 1st (11 am to 3 pm, in Rm #540) PassMass will be having
its first State House Action Day of this session to gather support/ cosponsors
for the Amendment(H63). We would greatly appreciate your participation as you have
all signed up to help in this effort. If you can not show up, please call
your State Senator and State Representative to cosponsor/ support H63 to
amend the Massachusetts Constitution based on "Corporations are not People,
Money is not Speech".

             PassMassamendment will have its next meeting on March 11 at
1:30 at the Democracy Center, Mt Auburn St, Cambridge. Please attend and
tell your friends about us. The People are getting their voices back and
raising them in protest. Join in!

We know that YOU are as passionate about getting BIG MONEY OUT of POLITICS as we are;
and NOW, we are asking YOU to show your passion and join the effort!

Please ask your LEGISLATOR to Co-Sponsor H63 (the other Bills will come later).
We have til FEBRUARY 3 to get CO-Sponsors.

Be a part of this movement, contact us here:
PassMass...@gmail.com

PassMassAmendment is working to amend/clarify the Massachusetts
Constitution based on "Corporations are not People, Money is not Speech".

This is a SINGLE-ISSUE amendment approach. This is same approach as all
previous Federal amendments. But we feel we need to jump start the process by
starting at the state amendment level. Please do NOT confuse our approach
with the call for an Article V Convention process.

We consider our effort as a start in the process of getting the
corrupting influence of corporations and big money out of the political
process to restore a system in which the People's voices are heard and
acted upon.

PassMassAmendment has a two pronged approach. We gather signatures
via petition in the fall. And we advocate for Specific Legislative Bills in the
Statehouse, which are based on our language.

PassMassAmendment considers each petition signature gathered for the
citizen ballot initiative to put added pressure on the State House to
move forward on either a citizen or legislative Amendment to the State
Constitution. Sign up to help - PassMass...@gmail.com

If you are currently on the Announcement List and wish to get more
frequent updates during PMA’s petitioning period, consider signing up
for our ACTION LIST: passmas...@googlegroups.com

***

  * WEBSITE: http://passmassamendment.org/
  * FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/PassMassAmendment/

Thank you for being a part of this critical grassroots movement,

PassMassAmendment

/“Corporations are not People. Money is not Speech.”/

---

H63 Corporations Are Not People, Money Is Not Speech.pdf
HD2350 Draft Language, Non-Resident Limits.pdf
HD3070 Draft Language, Foreign National Disclosure.pdf