UPDATE! We've filed our petitions with the state to Reduce Money In Politics!

PassMassAmendment

Aug 7, 2017, 4:25:50 PM8/7/17
to passmass...@googlegroups.com

You are invited to our next monthly meeting: Saturday, August 12th, at 1:30 at the Democracy Center, 45 Mount Auburn Street, Cambridge.

We have one more meeting before petitioning begins. Then we have to mid-November to get all the signatures we can to help pressure the legislature to leverage our rights in Massachusetts to reduce Money In Politics! More info, please see below!

***

We’ve filed our petitions!

PassMassAmendment has filed petitions aimed at reducing Big Money in politics. You can find the petitions here (see 17-11 through 17-14). These petitions reflect the three bills that PassMassAmendment has in the statehouse right now. These bills are sponsored by State Reps Paul Mark and Mike Connelly.

One petition is to amend the Massachusetts Constitution, based on "Corporations Are Not People, Money Is Not Speech." This is our 5th time petitioning the state for this amendment.

New this year: We’ve also filed two other petitions, one to reduce the amount of money donated to political campaigns from out of state (we filed two versions of this petition), and another to require total disclosure of funding sources to ensure that our commonwealth’s political process is not influenced by foreign sources. Although we expect to gather signatures for the latter, we’ll make the final decision once the petitions are certified.

Meanwhile, check out these articles in The Boston Globe and WickedLocal.com.

***

Petitioning for our ballot initiative will begin in the fall: Stay tuned as we organize this fall’s drive to collect signatures to support one of our bills. We hope you that you will help!

For more information and ways to help PassMassAmendment's effort to get Big Money OUT!, please go our website, PassMassAmendment.org.

--
"The Battle of our Age"