PassMassAmendment update! 2018 petitioning has begun! help end the corrupting influence of big money in our political process

PassMass

Sep 23, 2018, 12:29:34 AM9/23/18

Hi All,

Help end the corrupting influence of corporations and big money
in our political process. PassMassAmendment's ballot initiative for this
year is based on limiting political contributions from non-residents of
Massachusetts. Petition form and actual language attached.
Our reasoning for trying to limit out of State money can be
explained by using the example of Question 2 a couple of years ago. Whether
you are for or against charter schools the idea that individuals like James
Walton could spend $1,250,000, Janice Walton $750,000 and Mike Bloomberg
$490,000 could live outside of Massachusetts and spend so much to influence
our political process should be of great concern. Money from outside of
Massachusetts could pay a company in Massachusetts to collect the needed
signatures, in this instance averaged over $6 for a signature gathered, and
then pump money into advertising all while never having to step foot in our
Commonwealth.
We have also heard of a "Baker loophole" in which the Guv can
collect contributions up to over $43,000.
There are 2 ways to turn in the petitions. After getting
registered voters from Massachusetts to sign the form you can turn it into
City/ Town Clerks by the middle of November. Deadlines listed on the top
right of the petition A form. The other option is to send them to us and we
will turn them in. We do our statewide mailing about a week ahead of time,
around November 14th, Our contact info is on the middle right of the
petition A form. We will do the pick up for all. If you would like to help
please let us know.
Our legislative initiative has 3 bills. H63 is our Corporations
are not People.. and this links to that bill
https://malegislature.gov/Bills/190/H63 H3559 is our Foreign Nationals...
and this links to that bill https://malegislature.gov/Bills/190/H3559
H3484 is our Non-Resident... bill, also our ballot initiative is based on
this bill with this link https://malegislature.gov/Bills/190/H3484

PassMassAmendment is a State Ballot Initiative Committee,
totally grassroots and all volunteer where no one gets paid. Our effort is
to end the corrupting influence of corporations and big money on our
political process. We run on People Power and could sure use your help.

Thank You for your support over the years as we consider Money
in Politics to tie into almost every issue that adversely affects our lives.

Nick Bokron
781 715 7822
more info: www.passmassamendment.org

Petition A.pdf
PassMassAmendment out of state 100 vx.pdf