Citizens United MA Amendment Senate Bill S9

PassMassAmendment

Feb 26, 2023, 3:53:29 PM2/26/23
to passmass...@googlegroups.com

  Hi All,

         PassMassAmendment has a bill, Senate bill #9, S9   https://malegislature.gov/Bills/193/S9/Cosponsor.  We need to get this done in MA to jumpstart the federal effort to overturn Citizens United.

         Now is the time to reach out to your legislators. We need their support. They do not have to co-sponsor. Co-sponsorship is really helpful, but, I have known legislators to co-sponsor a Bill and then not support it.   https://malegislature.gov/Search/FindMyLegislator   If you see your legislator signed on, Thank them.
          It is a Senate bill but Representatives can also co-sponsor. It will be going to the Joint Committee on Elections, https://malegislature.gov/Committees/Detail/J15.  This is our next move, contacting those Election Committee members. The notification of the Committee on Elections hearing where testimony will be happening, could be only about 3 days. I believe all would be alloted time to have a say about S9 during that hearing. You can also submit any written comments or testimony at any time. We want a favorable opinion from the committee.
          Do not let them confuse our efforts with We the People, Wolfpac or Move to Amend. They might think that they are already supporting our efforts.

          If you would like to be part of an expected ongoing communication, among all, email us to get on the Action List, which is about to get some usage.

         Thanx for the support in the past, but, now is the time to make some phone calls to legislators and friends/ family.
          Please contact us with any questions.

                           Again, Thanx,
                                             PassMassAmendment
--