Make Your Voice Heard - SIGN The PMA 2015 Petition! - Get BIG $$$ OUT!!!

passmassam...@gmail.com

Sep 8, 2015, 8:37:06 PM9/8/15
to PMAAnnounce
THE PETITION IS HERE! THE PETITION IS HERE!

PMA title.bmp

THE PETITION IS HERE! THE PETITION IS HERE!

JOIN the "BATTLE OF OUR AGE" and, over the next few weeks, commit just a few hours in this "last stand" for Democracy!

Here's how YOU can help GET BIG MONEY OUT!

* GATHER SIGNATURES for the STATEWIDE PMA PETITION

* CONTACT YOUR STATE LEGISLATORS and ask them to endorse the   PassMassAmendment Petition for a STATE CONSTITUTIONAL AMENDMENT

* ASK STATE LEGISLATORS to support MA State House Bills S_53 & H_933
* COME TO THE STATE HOUSE On 9/16 and 10/21

* ORGANIZE LOCALLY to get signatures on the PMA STATEWIDE PETITION

ONLY WITH YOUR HELP and the efforts of 600 other volunteers from all across the Commonwealth can we begin to get BIG MONEY OUT of politics!

IN THIS ISSUE:

* PETITION SIGNATURE GATHERING STARTS NOW! Sign up here to help!

* DOWNLOAD the PETITION HERE and start getting SIGNATURES NOW!
* STATEWIDE organizing meeting Sun. 9/13; 1:30pm; Cambridge

* REGIONAL MEETINGS (Locations, Dates, Times, listed below)

* REGIONAL EVENTS for Signature Gathering (Locations, Dates, Times, listed below)
* BOSTON State House Day! Meet 9/16; 10a - 2p Rm 413 conference room (details below)

* Save-The-Date:  PassMassAmendment OCT 21st Action Day – RALLY & PETITION!
* PassMassAmendment TEE SHIRT! http://goo.gl/forms/27JCwIXWjv

* PassMass Video!

PMA is gathering signatures – statewide – for 9 weeks – deadline Nov 18

Sign up here to help!

PMA aims to collect nearly 80,000 Massachusetts voter signatures in order to get our proposed amendment through two consecutive sessions of the MA Legislature and then on to the 2018 ballot and THEN submitted to The People for their approval. Petition signers must be MA registered voters.

The State’s printed petition forms will be available before Sept 16th 2015.

**Download the electronic version, NOW! and start getting signers TODAY!! ** http://passmassamendment.wikispaces.com/PRINT+THE+PETITION+FORM

PETITIONING ORGANIZING MEETINGS & EVENTS:

Petitioning contact: passmass...@gmail.com tel#: 978 808 7173

STATEWIDE ORGANIZING MEETINGS:

NEXT MTG is Sept 13th, 1:30 - 3:30, Democracy Center, 45 Mt Auburn St, Cambridge, near Harvard Square.

REGIONAL MEETINGS & EVENTS:

http://passmassamendment.wikispaces.com/Calendar+of+Events

Wednesday, September 9

5:00pm

 Acton / Concord area regional meeting

7:00pm

 Jamaica Plain / Boston meeting

Saturday, September 12

10:00am

 Arlington Town Day – help collect signatures

10:00am

 Natick Days – help collect signatures

Sunday, September 13

12:00pm

 Cambridge Carnival – help collect signatures

1:30pm

 Boston / Cambridge Regional Meeting for Coordinators

Monday, September 14

7:00pm

 East Middlesex regional meeting

Wednesday, September 16

10:00am

 Boston STATEHOUSE DAY for PassMassAmendment

Saturday, September 19

 Springfield Democratic Convention – help collect signatures

Sunday, September 20

 Boston Local Food Festival – help collect signatures

Tuesday, September 22

10:00am

 Boston National Voter Registration Day – help collect signatures

Saturday, September 26

 Boston - Freedom Rally - help collect signatures

12:00pm

 Boston Beantown Jazz Festival – help collect signatures

Sunday, September 27

 Boston - Freedom Rally - help collect signatures

Wednesday, October 21

12:00pm

 Boston - Rally at the State House and help collect signatures

Regional teams and events are occurring in MANY other areas! Contact ___???

Order a PMA TEE and wear it to ALL your EVENTS

http://goo.gl/forms/27JCwIXWjv

PassMassAmendment Final Summer State House Action Day September 16th!

PMA volunteers will be in the Massachusetts State House on WED Sept 16th to help you meet your MA Senator and Representative.

If you're not sure who they are, check here: https://malegislature.gov/People/Search

o  Deliver Letters of Thanks to PMA endorsers/co-sponsors of S_53 & H_933

o  Introduce Legislators to the PMA petition, our regional organizing effort & our plan to gather nearly 80,000 signatures this fall and get PMA on the 2018 ballot!

o  Ask your Legislators to endorse the PMA ballot initiative petition

o  Request that your Legislator support MA Senate Bill S_53 & MA House Bill H_933

We’ll help to get in touch with a PMA regional coordinator and your legislators.

Where we meet: State House actions start at 10 AM in the 4th floor conference room adjacent to Senator Ken Donnelly’s Rm 413D.

We look forward to seeing you on Beacon Hill this summer!

Bills filed for a MA Constitutional Amendment in the State House this session:

S_53 – Senator Ken Donnelly

o Proposal for a legislative amendment to the Constitution relative to corporate rights and political spending.  https://malegislature.gov/Bills/BillHtml/142238?generalCourtId=12

H_933 – Representatives D. Rogers & P. Marks

o Proposal for a legislative amendment to the Constitution to declare that corporations are not people, money is not speech. https://malegislature.gov/Bills/BillHtml/142161?generalCourtId=12

Contact us with your questions.

Send us a quick RSVP if you plan to come to the State House.

subject: PMA StateHouse Days at passmassam...@gmail.com .

Save-The-Date: PassMassAmendment OCTOBER 21st State House Action Day – RALLY & PETITION!

PassMassAmendment in the News!

Boston Globe: “A state-level effort to fight Citizens United,by Jill Terreri Ramos, “Organizers were dealt a setback this week when Attorney General Maura Healey rejected the proposal, but they plan to appeal to the Supreme Judicial Court. The goal is to put the question before Massachusetts voters in 2018.” http://bit.ly/1NQZkrg

Meetings! Action-Alerts! Legal Discussion! and More!
http://www.passmassamendment.org/

Corporations are NOT People. Money is NOT Speech. Amending the MASSACHUSETTS Constitution as a first step in getting BIG MONEY OUT of OUR elections
See the 1 minute video

REGIONAL PETITIONING is starting up now! When you let us know where you are, we'll get you to the closest group is gathering signatures.

We continue building a statewide NETWORK OF PETITIONERS, to defend democracy from destruction by moneyed interests. http://passmassamendment.wikispaces.com/Contact+-+GET+ON+THE+LIST%21  Sign up here to help!

JOIN the "BATTLE OF OUR AGE" and commit a few hours of time over the next few weeks to do YOUR SHARE in this "last stand" for Democracy!

more info: www.PassMassAmendment.org
Like PassMassAmendment on FACEBOOK
#PassMassAmend, #PassMassAmendment

PassMass...@gmail.com