Monthly Update + PMA in Watertown Sat 4/10

g sonder

Apr 7, 2016, 7:40:44 PM4/7/16
to PMAAnnounce

PassMassAmendment - Moving Forward in 2016

“Corporations are not People. Money is not Speech.”

Are you totally caught up in this year’s unconventional Presidential Campaign and Supreme Court stand-off?

We think that NOW is the BEST POSSIBLE political climate to GET $$$$ OUT OF POLITICS, starting right HERE in MASSACHUSETTS! Add our events to your calendar - http://passmassamendment.wikispaces.com/Calendar+of+Events

**NEXT* PMA MONTHLY MEETING IS SUNDAY, APRIL 10th, 1:30-4:40 pm;
Watertown Free Public Library <https://www.facebook.com/watertownfpl/> 2nd floor;
123 Main St, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472 (MBTA & Free Parking)
Details of meeting location and agenda posted here: https://www.facebook.com/events/505453136308791/

*May* PMA MONTHLY MEETING IS SUNDAY, MAY 8th, 1:30-4:40 pm;
Watertown Free Public Library; 123 Main St, Watertown, Massachusetts 02472

STATE HOUSE ACTION WORKING GROUP

Be a part of the NEW PMA SHAWG (State House Action Working Group)

The PMA State House Action Working Group (SHAWG) meets monthly in the MA State House to advocate and promote PMA's mission and to support companion legislation, such as S_53 and H_933.

All are welcome to join this newly forming WG, meet with legislators, call and write in support of our mission - to get the corrupting influence of BIG $$$ out of our political process!

LEGISLATIVE ACTION ITEMS:

Make your Voice Heard - Script for your call or letter:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1tVOp2TuNPvYJ2-1iQWFEVOlMp2W63XMXFMBykaQbPZk

Get your neighbors on Board - Statement of support – please share widely with your friends and allies:

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1E8ZOt7adRNN--vOFGr6TC4uOEC7sE2rEPSB41bF5r-8

Wear your PMA-TEE and Show your Support at the next scheduled State Constitutional Convention*

Wednesday, May 18th at 1 pm, Re-convening of the State Constitutional Convention (Part V)

Gather at 12:45 pm - House Gallery (4th Fl.) of the State House

  - *better known as the "ConCon" - in which proposed Amendments to the State Constitution are brought to the House Floor for consideration.

S_53 <https://malegislature.gov/Bills/189/Senate/S53> or

H_933 <https://malegislature.gov/Bills/189/House/H933>

Both bills are on the calendar; however the Fair Share Amendment may dominate the Joint Session, leaving no time for the PMA endorsed bills to be taken up at this ConCon, but your presence is valuable, none-the-less. If debate does not result in a vote, we anticipate that the ConCon will convene one last time, to conclude the business on the calendar - see link for ConCon - Event + Agenda Posted here:

https://malegislature.gov/People/ClerksOffice/Joint/Calendar

Please RSVP to passmassam...@gmail.com if you intend to join PMA at the State House.

Thank you for being a part of this critical grassroots movement,

Gina

PMA State House Liaison

passmassam...@gmail.com

“Corporations are not People. Money is not Speech.”

PMA2016 Sample Email and-or Phone Call to State Representatives and-or Senators re. H933 & S53.odt
PassMassAmendment_announc_04-07-16.pdf
passmassamendmentpsa.vcf