Fwd: draft: Please Ask Legislators to Support H63, HD2350, and HD3070 to reduce the corrupting influence of corporations and "big money" in our political process

PassMassAmendment

Apr 2, 2017, 7:28:32 PM4/2/17
to passmass...@googlegroups.com

PassMassAmendment

“Corporations are not People. Money is not Speech.”

PassMassAmendment is working to amend/clarify the Massachusetts Constitution based on
"Corporations are not People, Money is not Speech."

Our efforts are a start in the process of removing the corrupting influence of
corporations and big money out of the political process to restore a system in which
the people's voices are heard and acted upon.

Organizing meeting on Saturday, April 8, at 1:30 PM at the Democracy Center, 45 Mount Auburn St., Cambridge. All are welcome!

2017/2018 Legislative Session
UPDATE - Statehouse Releases Our New Bill!

Ask Legislators to Support Bill H.63.

State Representative Paul Mark (Peru, Massachusetts) has filed a new bill based on
PassMassAmendment’s language, Bill H.63We need to keep pushing to make sure the Statehouse knows that we want H.63 passed!

As a first step in getting BIG MONEY OUT of our elections, Bill H.63 amends the
Massachusetts Constitution to clarify that "Corporations Are Not People, Money Is Not Speech."

In addition to our amendment bill, we have filed two other bills:
HD2350 limits political contributions from non-Massachusetts-residents.
HD3070 requires disclosure of all original sources of political contributions to ensure that foreign nationals are not influencing our political process, or a disclaimer is added to all advertisements that "foreign nationals are most likely funding this advertisement." We expect this bill to also affect the use of "dark money."
We don’t have the bill numbers for these two new bills yet, but we expect to soon. Please stay tuned!

PassMassAmendment needs your help, now!

1. Please contact each member of the Joint Committee of the Judiciary (the “Judiciary Committee”):

The Judiciary Committee will be holding a hearing soon on Bill H.63. This hearing will determine the bill’s future course.  Urge them for a “favorable report for Bill H.63,” which would send the bill to the floor for a vote. If they are already supporting the bill, thank them!

This link will lead you to the Committee members’ names, and for each, you will find further links to their contact information.

2. Contact your state legislators. The name and contact information for YOUR legislators can be found here. Urge them to support Bill H.63.

Your legislator may already be a cosponsor, or otherwise on-board. If so, thank them for their support. Urge them to support HD2350 and HD3070

HD3070 is currently being reviewed by House Counsel.

Rules of Thumb for Making This Contact

1. Letters are best, but sending emails and/or making calls is better than not contacting your legislators at all!

2. The more personal your messages are, the better, but don’t let this get in the way of making your voice heard. We encourage you to address each legislator individually, using their title and last name, rather than sending one message to a whole group. And if you’re comfortable with this, include a personal reason for why you think these bills are worth supporting. Follow this link for a sample letter!
Last but not least: This fall, we’ll be asking for your help in gathering signatures in support of our ballot initiative. Let's keep the momentum going!

For more information:

http://passmassamendment.wikispaces.com/State+Senate+%26+House+Bills

PassMassAmendment State House Coordinator: Nick Bokron, nbo...@gmail.com

Legislation questions or comments: 978 808 7173 in...@PassMassAmendment.org

Petitioning Info: PassMass...@gmail.com

Thank you for being a part of this critical grassroots movement,

PassMassAmendment
www.PassMassAmendment.org

“Corporations are not People. Money is not Speech.”

If you are currently on the Announcement-Only List and wish to get more frequent updates, consider signing up for our ACTION LIST: passmassaction@googlegroups.com

--
"The Battle of our Age"

PassMassAmendment

Apr 2, 2017, 10:24:35 PM4/2/17
to passmass...@googlegroups.com
--
Join the Battle of our Age!

"Corporations Are Not People, Money Is Not Speech"
www.PassMassAmendment.org
---
.