Passlib 1.8 will drop Python 2.x Support

Eli Collins

May 13, 2020, 4:13:15 PM5/13/20
to passlib-users
This is a heads that I'm planning to drop Python 2.x support from the next major release (Passlib 1.8). (assuming no persuasive arguments to keep it around for a while longer :P )

I've outlined the rationale over in Issue 119, but upshot is that it just plain looks like it's time.

There will definitely be at least one more minor bugfix release for the 1.7 series; and I'm leaning towards keeping 1.7.x open as a "python 2 bugfix only" branch for a little while after 1.8 is released.

- Eli