Sloped transoms / trapezoidal windows in the PHPP?

Markus Barrera-Kolb

May 2, 2013, 12:47:43 PM5/2/13
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Has anyone dealt with sloped window heads or non-rectangular windows in the PHPP? With a sloped head, I figure I would simply use the height of the window at the center, thus giving the correct area, but the resulting data will slightly underestimate the perimeter distance. Is there a standard way to deal with this? I suppose I could figure out how by how much the perimeter is being underestimated and enter the corresponding lengths and psi values in the thermal bridges section...

Cheers,
Markus

Tessa Smith

May 7, 2013, 5:04:17 PM5/7/13
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Hey PH folks!  Come see The Artisans Group Steilacoom Passive House in the Pierce County Parade of Homes, this weekend and next, see link below!

Rock on ;)

1 10 10 Tessa
image001.jpg

Graham S. Wright

May 7, 2013, 6:50:23 PM5/7/13
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
In general for nonrectangular windows I would suggest to take the area, and divide by the width, to get an equivalent height.
-gw