Panelized / modular Passive House building envelope component manufacturers

Adam Bettcher

Aug 6, 2020, 2:42:06 AM8/6/20
to Passive House Northwest
Hi all,

Who do you like to use for panelized / modular building envelope components with manufacturing / installation processes that can meet PH requirements?

A colleague of mine is investigating B.Public for a multifamily project in a different region of the country, but I'm curious what everyone's experience / preferred manufacturers are here.

Katy Hollbacher

Aug 6, 2020, 2:48:38 AM8/6/20
to Passivehousenw
Panelized:
Phoenix Haus, Ecocor, Bensonwood, BuildSmart

Also Emu Systems is in pilot phase

—————————————————————————
Katy Hollbacher, P.E. - Principal, Beyond Efficiency Inc.

Billy Vinton

Aug 6, 2020, 12:21:42 PM8/6/20
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Hi Adam,

I have been studying the work that Bensonwood does. They seem to have one of the most established processes. I chatted with their sales folks who said they didn't know of anyone doing what they do on the west coast.

This is a really cool video explaining their wall production process. Worth a watch!

Would love to know if there are any NW builders. I am going to be building my PH here in the coming months.

--
billy vinton
:: founder, CCO

Adam Bettcher

Aug 7, 2020, 6:42:03 PM8/7/20
to Passive House Northwest
Thanks, all! This is a really helpful collection.

A few months ago, the PH Accelerator Happy Hour had a presentation from Tessa Smith out of Olympia who discussed this. She mentioned working with Collective Carpentry as well:   http://www.collectivecarpentry.com/

Here's the link to the video recording of the happy hour presentation:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Es1VAaXfvK8&feature=emb_title

Adam Bettcher

Aug 7, 2020, 6:43:51 PM8/7/20
to Passive House Northwest
(I'm not sure if I can edit the other post, but Collective Carpentry is in inland BC. So PNW, but Canadian.)

Dylan Lamar

Aug 7, 2020, 7:42:26 PM8/7/20
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

Katy Hollbacher

Aug 17, 2021, 2:31:16 PM8/17/21
to passive...@googlegroups.com
Another for this list is Collective Carpentry based in BC; we’re working with them on a couple projects in Wyoming… thumbs up so far!

—————————————————————————
Katy Hollbacher, P.E. - Principal, Beyond Efficiency Inc.
Empowering people to create enduring human-centered buildings

Offices: 710 Channing Way, Berkeley, CA | 415.236.1333
      152 East Gill, Jackson, WY | 307.200.7236
Mail:      PO Box 9279, Jackson, WY 83002
       beyondefficiency.us

On Aug 6, 2020, at 10:21 AM, Billy Vinton <bi...@dotdotdash.io> wrote:

Hi Adam,

I have been studying the work that Bensonwood does. They seem to have one of the most established processes. I chatted with their sales folks who said they didn't know of anyone doing what they do on the west coast.

Thisis a really cool video explaining their wall production process. Worth a watch!

Would love to know if there are any NW builders. I am going to be building my PH here in the coming months.

--
billy vinton
:: founder, CCO

<embedded image>

Billy Vinton

Aug 17, 2021, 3:16:09 PM8/17/21
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Katie,

Is there anything to be aware of if you import material of that cost? Are there import taxes assessed?

--
billy vinton
:: founder, CCO

Albert Rooks

Aug 17, 2021, 9:46:06 PM8/17/21
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Thumbs up for collective carpentry. There are also new entities like TAG In Squamish and more in Portland OR.

I think I hear of a new group forming in Portland…

Sent from my iPhone