Greywater system or contractor

Geoff Briggs

Nov 16, 2012, 2:10:17 PM11/16/12
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Howdy,
I'm interested in using greywater from showers to flush toilets. Seems like a no-brainer since every minute of showering produces enough waste water for a full flush. Unlike rainwater harvest the constant supply of greywater necessitates only a small storage capacity, and the whole system can be easily located in a basement or utility space. A few years back BRAC Systems out of Canada offered a line of self contained appliances for just this purpose, and they garnered a lot of green building accolades. But they have since gone silent and I can't find anything equivalent. Any ideas? Thanks.

Regards,
Geoff Briggs
DeForest Architects, Seattle

Matt Wasse

Nov 16, 2012, 2:15:44 PM11/16/12
to passive...@googlegroups.com
Hi Geoff, there's this little number that I've had my eye on for sink greywater. Don't see why you couldn't adapt it for showers or even enlarge the storage capacity.

http://www.aqussystem.com/

Matt

Date: Fri, 16 Nov 2012 11:10:17 -0800
From: iandi...@mac.com
To: Passive...@googlegroups.com
Subject: Greywater system or contractor

Geoff Briggs

Nov 16, 2012, 2:37:30 PM11/16/12
to Passive...@googlegroups.com, passive...@googlegroups.com
Hi Matt,
I did find the Aqus in my searching but feel the capacity is just too small. I think you need somewhere between 100 and 200 liters to take full advantage of the greywater resource. So not a huge tank, but not a tiny one either. Maybe I'll try contacting the manufacturer.

Cheers,
Geoff