Passive House Builders on the Olympic Peninsula?

Benjamin Wolk-Weiss

Apr 23, 2020, 3:43:26 PM4/23/20
to Passive House Northwest
I have a single-family passive house project located out near Port Angeles on the Olympic peninsula and am looking for suggestions of contractors that are both experienced in PH construction and are either in that area or willing to travel to that area for a project.

Hope everyone is staying safe and healthy and missed seeing you all at the PHNW conference this year. The Passive House Happy Hours have been a great way to stay in touch with the community during this time.

Best,

Ben Wolk, RA, CPHC, SHP

Associate | Architect

Board & Vellum

115 15th Ave E. Suite 100 | Seattle, WA 98112 | D: 206.960.4724

boardandvellum.com

Brian Cowan

Apr 23, 2020, 11:15:52 PM4/23/20
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Hi Ben
What is the time frame for the start of the project?
I can ask around but no one comes to mind. Potentially a coworker of mine might be.
I agree that the online meetings sure make us feel a little more connected.
Have you attended any of the Building Science and Beer event that takes place on Thursday at 3:00 pm? They are pretty good too.

How is the social distancing treating you? I have got a ton done on our house and almost have the exterior painting complete. I need to dive into WUFI more next week. Can i send you a WUFI file to look over?
Cheers
Brian

Ben Wolk-Weiss, RA

Apr 28, 2020, 11:46:44 AM4/28/20
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Hey Brian,

Sorry for the delayed response, I was swamped with work last week.

The clients are looking to start construction in March 2021. Thanks for offering to ask around. It's a tough area as there aren't many high performance builders out there.

Yea, I've been attending the BS & Beer events when I can. They have been great and I was thrilled to see Josh from Birdsmouth present on one of them.

The downside of being able to work remotely means that I have been working a lot and not had much time to putter around the house or anything. I did help my father-in-law rebuild the corner of their house that was rotting out. I made good use of all my SIGA and ProClima samples to waterproof everything so it won't happen again.

Glad to hear that you have been productive on your house. Looking forward to seeing it hopefully when this is all over and we can gather in groups again. Yea, send me the WUFI file with your questions and I can take a look at it.

Best,

Ben Wolk, RA, CPHC, SHP

Associate | Architect

Board & Vellum

115 15th Ave E. Suite 100 | Seattle, WA 98112 | D: 206.960.4724

boardandvellum.com

You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "Passive House Northwest" group.
To view this discussion on the web visit https://groups.google.com/d/msgid/PassiveHouseNW/CAG8S0B4Puv1nADFFf9CZc2HkwtcK1JbBZhYXU8ROGArP-n%3DTpg%40mail.gmail.com.

I Rok123

Apr 28, 2020, 2:21:40 PM4/28/20
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Ben
If you are interested in PH windows, Eurotek is an option, made here in US (Los Angeles area).
We are finishing 7 floors with Cascade built right now (1300 Pike) project, delivering another PH multiuse on Quenn ann hill now.
I was with Euroline windows for 11 years, now with Eurotek, have done quite few PH projects around, the largest one in Pacific NW, down in Hilsboro, called Orchards at Orenco.

Please let me know if you would like to learn more about Eurotek and what can be done.

Regards
Mario Holod

BTW, I worked with Jeff Pelletier, Board and Velum, on his own house, 1/ 3-panel folding door I sold and installed, U-value was .28, aluminum system.

On Thu, Apr 23, 2020 at 12:43 PM Benjamin Wolk-Weiss <be...@zoeticarchitecture.com> wrote:

I Rok123

Apr 28, 2020, 2:24:02 PM4/28/20
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Ben, sorry, wrong link to Eurotek web site, somehow something Russian showed up.
Here is Eurotek link,

http://eurotekwindows.com/

Regards
Mario