All aluminum PH windows?

Markus Barrera-Kolb

Apr 16, 2013, 5:10:59 PM4/16/13
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
We've working on a project that's headed in the Passive House direction, though with plenty of challenges ahead. One of these is that the clients are very much interested in an all-aluminum window system. So far the only one I've found that looks like a possibility is a fully thermally broken one by Schüco (the AWS90.SI). Is anyone aware of any other alternatives? It's always great to be able to give the client at least two choices. Or perhaps we'll be able to talk them into a clad wood unit after all...

Thanks & cheers,
Markus

Floris Keverling Buisman

Apr 16, 2013, 5:36:05 PM4/16/13
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Raico. PHI certfied - Peak BP imports it.

I can get you LAMILUX roof curtainwalls, if you are looking for that...

--
Floris Keverling Buisman, CPHC - LEED AP
--

Brooklyn, NY - USA - www.foursevenfive.com
office: +1 718 622 1600

Adam Cohen

Apr 16, 2013, 5:50:59 PM4/16/13
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

Klearwall has alum eco therm phl certified very clean, European look

Sent from mobile. Please excuse mis-types.

Markus Barrera-Kolb

Apr 16, 2013, 5:59:38 PM4/16/13
to Passive House Northwest (PHnw)
Thanks Adam – aren't Klearwall's Future Proof units PVC and the Eco-Clad wood with alu cladding?

Adam Cohen

Apr 16, 2013, 6:13:21 PM4/16/13
to Passive...@googlegroups.com

Yes, tjey have new eco therm product
Alum/alum, very sexy amd phi certified our clients have gone crazy for them

Sent from mobile. Please excuse mis-types.

James Scott Brew

Apr 19, 2013, 5:38:08 PM4/19/13
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
Hi Markus,

Greeting from the International Passive House Conference in Frankfurt (I had dinner with Adam tonight!).

Perhaps you can talk your client into something less likely to condense moisture on the interior (even when thermally broken!) so I recommend the H-Window (Invented and manufactured in Norway, but made in the US (now Wisconsin) for 20+ years.  This is the tightest window made in America (from my research)--It doesn't matter if the window u-value is amazing when most of the fiberglass windows PH consultants use, leak like a sieve.

H-Window invented the spilka hinge (180 degree horiz. axis rotating for max ventilation and cleaning).

Best,
jb

Mario Holod

Apr 22, 2013, 10:55:52 PM4/22/13
to Passive...@googlegroups.com
I am here NW, with Euroline windows ( made here NW also). We use Geneo Rehau extrusion, used on the first Passive house highrise ever made. Profile is Hybrid Composite uPVC + Fiberglass, 3 gaskets, tilt+turn windows.  Web site is www.euroline-windows.com. Look for commercial department, 4700 series window. I am   here in Seattle, or anywhere Pacific NW, my cell is 425-361-6659
Also have aluminum folding glass walls, with Uvalue .28 (www.sunflexwall.com), made in Germany

Regards
Mario Holod
Euroline windows/ Sunflex wall systems