Pass release 1.2.0

Tim Sanders

Dec 4, 2023, 2:00:51 PM12/4/23
to pass-general

The PASS team is happy to announce the release of version 1.2.0.

With this release, we focused on improving the security of PASS and making interactions with external services more robust, notably the interface with NIHMS.

We've made substantial upgrades to the NIHMS data transfer within our Deposit Services and enhancements to the NIHMS loader. We added parameterized queries to the grant loader to enhance security. We improved our logging and identified metrics to capture for better understanding performance, system utilization, and discovering errors. Finally, we made updates to the data model documentation and added client-side pagination support.

Our next release, version 1.3.0, is scheduled to be completed at the end of January. Our plans for 1.3.0 include a continued focus on increasing the security of PASS and making interactions with external services more robust.

Version 1.3.0 will:

* Provide design and implementation of NIHMS error handling of deposits

* Add funder and grant information on NIHMS deposits

* Address and remediate security vulnerabilities

* Investigate simplifying pass-proxy and pass-auth and merging into pass-core

* Add Improvements to integration and acceptance tests

* Include various bug fixes

For more information about this or any previous release, please see our release notes. Our plans for upcoming releases can be seen on our roadmap.