Pass release version 1.0.0

Jared Galanis

Oct 2, 2023, 1:19:48 PM10/2/23
to pass-general
The PASS team is happy to announce the release of version 1.0.0.

With this release, our focus has been on configuring PASS for production readiness.

We resolved a large number of bugs in the user interface and the API / backend services. We removed accessibility violations in the user interface. We added optimistic locking to Submission and Deposit entities to ensure a better experience when users edit a shared resource. We also did work on tooling for data migration and remediation.

Our next release, version 1.1.0, is scheduled to be completed at the end of October. The priority for 1.1.0 will be ironing out final production readiness issues in order to see the first production partner institution (JHU) go live.

Version 1.1.0 will:

- Ensure that the full stack, including deposit services, is functioning with production repositories.
- Resolve any bugs remaining after the 1.0.0 release in the user interface, backend services, and API.
- Refine accessibility for the user interface in adherence to best practices.

For more information about this or any previous release, please see our release notes. Our plans for upcoming releases can be seen on our roadmap.