PASS release 1.5.0

Timothy Sanders

Mar 28, 2024, 2:07:47 PMMar 28
to pass-g...@googlegroups.com

The PASS team is happy to announce the release of PASS 1.5.0, which focuses on optimizing back-end operational efficiency and new developments to our documentation and user interface. Changes in the release include enhancements to data loaders and a streamlined CI/CD pipeline. Additionally, initial designs for an Admin UI were created to provide a baseline for future development.

Enhancements

  • NIHMS and Grant Data Loaders: Updated the NIHMS data loader with additional parameters to better support loader scheduling in staging and production environments. The grant loader now features refined aggregation rules and extended test coverage for reliability.
  • CI/CD Pipeline Improvements: Simplified the deployment process by introducing a single action for deploying all Java based PASS components.
  • Authentication Refactoring: Completed initial refactoring of the authentication process to integrate Spring Security into pass-core, enhancing flexibility and security.

Documentation

  • PASS Welcome Guide: Initiated a new documentation repository and documentation system to assist new community collaborators and bring a welcoming experience to end users.

For more information about this or any previous release, please see our release notes. Our plans for upcoming releases can be seen on our roadmap.