PASA is no longer being maintained or supported

brianjohnhaas

Apr 16, 2024, 3:56:05 PMApr 16
to pasapipeline-users
Please note that, after over 20 years since its initial development and release, PASA is no longer under development or being supported.  Please continue to use it while it serves your needs, but explore other options as they become available.

Steve Mount

May 1, 2024, 1:25:43 PMMay 1
to pasapipeline-users

Brian,
Thank you so much for your assiduous support these many years.
I'm curious to know what alternative you suggest, perhaps what you use yourself.
Steve

Brian Haas

May 1, 2024, 1:42:35 PMMay 1
to Steve Mount, pasapipeline-users

Hey Steve - go ahead and continue to use it and let me know if it gives you any trouble.   I'm just encouraging others to explore other options if/when they become available.  This old codebase is not aging gracefully, nor am I. ;-)

Brian J. Haas
The Broad Institute
http://broadinstitute.org/~bhaas

Alessandro Varani

May 1, 2024, 2:07:36 PMMay 1
to Brian Haas, pasapipel...@googlegroups.com

Hi Brian,

I was quite disheartened to learn that PASA, along with EVM, will no longer be developed or supported. Having relied on these tools for almost over two decades, their stability and the reliable results they provide have been integral to our work. Unfortunately, I have yet to find alternatives that match the efficacy and reliability of PASA and EVM. Therefore, I plan to continue using both tools for as long as they meet my needs. Meanwhile, I'll keep an eye out for new developments in the field that might offer comparable functionality and performance. I appreciate the long-standing support and hope for a smooth transition during this phase-out period.

Thank you for all the years of dedication to these resources.

Best wishes

Alessandro

--
Alessandro de Mello Varani, PhD
Departamento de Biotecnologia Agropecuária e Ambiental

Brian Haas

May 1, 2024, 2:15:22 PMMay 1
to Alessandro Varani, pasapipel...@googlegroups.com
Thanks, Alessandro,

For long-time users, no worries - I'll do what I can to keep things functional while I can.  It's nice to know that there are folks out there that are still continuing to benefit from using these tools. At some point, I need to step away from them, but I'll ease the transition for those that are heavily invested.

all the best,

Brian