Re: FW: Josh Long talk - EXTERNAL COMMUNICATION - update and ready to go!

Levon Karayan

Dec 6, 2013, 9:59:50 PM12/6/13
to pasad...@googlegroups.com
Hi Everybody,

I just wanted to send out a reminder for next week.   Would love to see some of the PJUG members I haven't seen in a long time.

- Levon

On Fri, Nov 22, 2013 at 6:59 PM, Levon Karayan <lev...@gmail.com> wrote:

Hi Folks,

I finally lined up another host (hopefully a long term one), and I got Josh Long as a speaker (with help) in a few weeks.   Would love to see some of you at this talk, Josh is a great speaker and has a lot to talk about!

http://recruittalent.disney.com/techtalks/img/dtt_email_header.jpg

Click here to express interest

Disney Tech Talksevents offer the opportunity to meet and network with technology peers and includes presentations from technologists on relevant topics within the technology community. These presentations will engage you with thought provoking discussion and invite you to engage in the conversation.

http://recruittalent.disney.com/techtalks/img/Dec2013/TECHTALK_SPRINGEXT_1013.png
http://recruittalent.disney.com/techtalks/img/Dec2013/TECHTALK_HGHLTEXT2_1013.png

The Walt Disney Studios is proud to host our upcoming Disney Tech Talks event presented in cooperation with Pivotal Open Source Hub and the Pasadena Java User Group. This event will be held at Disney’s Synergy Labs in Glendale, CA. During this session, you will learn from Josh Long (@starbuxman) the Spring Developer Advocate for Pivotal and lead author on four books, a video series on Spring, and a committer and contributor to many Spring projects. Josh will discuss how Spring continues to meet the needs of next generation applications with support for stream processing, data integration, HTML5 and websockets, PaaS support and big data workloads using Hadoop. Spring is the heart of a rich platform along with Cloud Floundry, Grails, RabbitMQ, Hadoop and Tomcat. Come see what’s next and what’s coming.

When Josh is not hacking on code, he can be found at the local Java User Group or at the local coffee shop. Josh likes solutions that push the boundaries of the technologies that enable them. His interests include blogging, scalability, BPM, grid processing, mobile computing and so-called “smart” systems.

At Disney, our people are vital to our success and ensure we continue to tell our stories in the most innovative ways. We believe one of the keys to success lies in the exchange of ideas. Our teams in the greater Los Angeles area develop and drive technology solutions that support The Walt Disney Company including The Walt Disney Studios, Walt Disney Parks and Resorts, Disney Interactive, Disney/ABC Television Group, Disney Consumer Products and ESPN.

http://recruittalent.disney.com/techtalks/img/dtt_email_footer.jpg

image008.png
image010.jpg
image007.png