[Parts+Crafts] Honk! Festival this weekend

William Macfarlane

Oct 2, 2018, 11:31:44 PM10/2/18
to parts-and-crafts-boston-announcements
It's the beginning of October and in Somerville that means it's time for Honk!  As usual, we'll be there, building and making and playing and parading all weekend and we'd love to see you there!

We won't be running our normal Open-Shop on Saturday because we'll be in Davis Square building a cardboard city.  More details below!

Friday October 5, 4-6 pm, Hodgkins Park
We'll be building simple LED circuits to light up the parade!  Come join us, along with the Puppet Free Library and Spontaneous Celebrations.  We’ll mix the nighttime sounds of HONK! with homemade lanterns, blinking bike lights, and the warm welcome of neighbors watching from their front porches around Hodgkins Park.

Come from 4:00 – 6:00pm to make your lantern, then gather at 6:30pm before the parades depart from the park at 7:00pm!

Saturday October 6, 1-5 pm
We will be in Davis Square all Saturday building a cardboard city, painting our float, and generally making an awesome mess.  Join us and other amazing artists and activists on Elm Street this Saturday!  Come to Davis for the music and make something with us while you're there!

Sunday October 8 @ 11 a.m. in Davis

Join us for the 2018 HONK parade from Davis Square down Mass Ave to Harvard Square to “Reclaim the Streets for Horns, Bikes and Feet” for the 11th annual HONK Festival of Activist Street Bands! Bring your best Dr. Seuss garb and march with Parts and Crafts and Space Park this Sunday at 11 a.m. in the parking lot behind Davis.  All are welcome!

We are looking for volunteers to help us bike/push/deal-with the Flunx!   You really haven't lived until you've biked a 1-ton vehicle down Mass Ave in a parade of activist street bands.  Must be 48" tall to ride this ride.  CITs and teens encouraged to join us!

March with us in the parade!   You can join us for as little or as much of the parade as you like.  Tag out when you get tired, join us in the middle!  We'll be marching toward the end of the parade, leaving from the CVS parking lot behind Davis at 11 a.m.

Monday all day:  No CSCL, no afterschool, no nothin'.  Go home and take a break!

That's our plan.  See you all this weekend!
ReplyReply allForward