Trouble with octopart on raspberry pi 3 installation

Patrick Taylor

Aug 18, 2021, 4:02:38 PM8/18/21
to PartKeepr Users
Hi there all,
I just finished a PartKeepr v1.4.0 installation on my raspberry pi 3 following this guide from the wiki. After following it, I went and got an API key from octopart, added it to parameters.php, and went through setup again. After doing so, when I go to add a part and search for one with octopart, the search window does show the spinning 'search' icon, but then comes up blank. Octopart's site also doesn't show my API usage increasing, so it seems to not actually be querying the site at all.  Any advice as to how to rectify this would be greatly appreciated.Screenshot 2021-08-18 160128.png

Patrick Taylor

Aug 18, 2021, 4:03:26 PM8/18/21
to PartKeepr Users
I guess it should also be noted that this is how the octopart search currently behaves for me on the demo site, as well.
Yours truly,
Patrick

Patrick Taylor

Aug 18, 2021, 4:32:17 PM8/18/21
to PartKeepr Users
Update: After looking through the logs and trying a few by-hand requets, it seems that octopart is rejecting the key in the request, saying it's invalid. I'm 100% sure that my key is what was given me from the octopart site, so does anyone know what's going on here?

Marius-Gabriel Sandu

Nov 1, 2021, 4:59:56 AM11/1/21
to PartKeepr Users
Had the same problem last night. It is better to git clone the solution and redeploy using /setup because it has some updates regarding Octopart. And also if after that is has the "Cad " problem you need to do the changes from here :https://github.com/partkeepr/PartKeepr/pull/1206