Which of the existing version is best to install ?

Makumba

Mar 6, 2021, 10:35:50 AM3/6/21
to PartKeepr Users

Hello, I was wondering what is the best version to install nowadays, the release 1.4.0, the Github main branch or one of the secondary branches ?
As I'm using an Ubuntu 20.04 LTS, I was able to install the repositories for PHP 7.1 as in the installation instructions and put the release version into operation, but I will like to have a version that is, even just a bit, maintained.
It doesn't matter if it crashes sometime because is for my personal hobby inventory.

 Thanks,
  M.

Daniel Calcoen

Mar 7, 2021, 9:10:59 AM3/7/21
to PartKeepr Users
Dear Makumba
As far as I know, the master branch is the PRODUCTION version.
There are two other branches were a very very little group of supporters are upgrading the code from using Symfony 2 to using Symfony 3, this will unlock Partkeepr from PHP 7.0/7.1 and allow to use the latest versions of PHP. Even advancing I don't know if this branches are exploitable.
If you have the skills and knowledge and wish to help I guess they will be happy to welcome you.
I'm put my self these day to learn PHP, javascripts and the environment they use expecting to be able to help soon.
I started to program in COBOL and RPG I with punchcards in my early days, learning this can't be harder ... :)
Regards
Daniel