Setup (1/2) An excpetion occured in driver: SQLSTATE[HY000] [2054] The server requested authentication method unknown to the client

tobi...@googlemail.com

Sep 8, 2020, 9:18:09 AM9/8/20
to PartKeepr Users
Hello, I am trying to install PartKeepr locally on Ubuntu 20.04.

PHP: 7.0.33-30+ubuntu20.04.1+deb.sury.org+1
MySQL: Server version: 8.0.21-0ubuntu0.20.04.4

Everything worked fine so far but after creating the DB the Setup step (1/2) does not work.

I can login to the DB with my credentials but PartKeepr fails to do so.

Trying "[mysqld] default_authentication_plugin= mysql_native_password" in my.cnf changed nothing.

Is this a problem because if the newer mysql version i am using or what am i missing?

I can post the setup.log if necessary.

Thanks for your help :)

Tobias Hnyk

Sep 8, 2020, 10:20:57 AM9/8/20
to PartKeepr Users
some more information on what i already tried:

in mysqld.cnf
[mysqld]
default_authentication_plugin=mysql_native_password

and in mysql

ALTER USER 'root'@'localhost' IDENTIFIED WITH mysql_native_password BY 'password';
FLUSH PRIVILEGES;

Reboots don't change anything. I made a small php file that should connect to another db but it also doesn't work. It returns the same error.
The altered user worked but Is there a way to check if the changes in [mysqld] are working?

Tobias Hnyk

Sep 8, 2020, 10:29:09 AM9/8/20
to PartKeepr Users
Uninstalling and purging the mysql-server for the fourth time today for some reason fixed it.

If anyone has the same issue try reinstalling with the things i mentioned above.

Good luck.