Re: [partkeepr/PartKeepr] About the future (Issue #1239)

john griessen

May 31, 2022, 4:34:33 PM5/31/22
to PartKeepr Users
On 5/27/22 13:39, bradgass wrote:
> I currently use Partkeepr for keeping track of component-level parts as well as entire products and assemblies of all sizes. It's
> been incredibly useful, and I will probably expand into using it to track some tooling too.

I've been "almost installing and trying it" for a while. Will you write up your install steps and/or point to some that work? I
want to use a USB bar code scanner.

--
John
tracking component inventory. Will add assemblies I make and tooling later on.

hartman...@gmail.com

Jun 19, 2022, 12:59:04 PM6/19/22
to PartKeepr Users
This post may be helpful:

It doesn't cover USB barcode scanners but this post may be helpful for that:

Hope this helps

john griessen

Jun 21, 2022, 4:33:31 PM6/21/22
to PartKeepr Users
On 6/19/22 14:07, Victor W wrote:
> One more thought: If the idea is to completely re-port the functionality of partkeepr, to a new language, I'd like to suggest
> bringing these efforts under the umbrella of an existing EDA program, like kicad. I have no idea whether they would be receptive
> to this, but, if successful, it might allow a larger organization to simultaneously benefit and support, this effort.

I presented this idea to the main developer of pcb-rnd and sch-rnd and camv, Tibor Plinkas of Hungary, and it was too far off his
mission, but welcome to be promoted as related ecosystem software, what he calls coralEDA.
http://repo.hu/cgi-bin/pool.cgi?cmd=show&node=ecosys_prop

He's gotten linux foundation funding for some of his work.

--
John Griessen -- building lab gear for biologists
blog.kitmatic.com

Daniel Calcoen

Jun 23, 2022, 2:00:02 AM6/23/22
to PartKeepr Users