Installing from ZIP archive on WIN10/WAMP on PHP7 major script errors in install validation script

Ralph Deffke

Sep 27, 2020, 11:24:43 AM9/27/20
to PartKeepr Users
Hi there,
the installer script feom the archive  doesn't seem to be made for latest version of partkeepr.
On PHP7.1.33 the PHP APCU library is noted as missing. However this dll is not longer supported by PHP7 at all!
On PHP7.2.18 the simfomy requirements script is using the deprecated function create_function().
These script bugs have nothing to do with the windows server installation.

Trying to run a composer update leaves me with this message:
GitHub API limit (0 calls/hr) is exhausted, could not fetch https://api.github.com/repos/partkeepr/FR3DLdapBundle/contents/composer.json?ref=363bba14d7f95d7293acf964018a777ea0ac731a. Create a GitHub OAuth token to go over the API rate limit. You can also wait until ? for the rate limit to reset."

AQny other chance to get the installation running asap?

Christian Wolf

Sep 27, 2020, 12:24:06 PM9/27/20
to partkee...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ralph,

just a few comments:

The message tells you what you have to do: Github places a rate limiting on
the amount of API calls per IP. If you are not logged in, you will have lower
rates which are completely overrun by the vast amount of updates involved when
trying to update. Make an account and register it in composer (google for it)
wiill solve this issue.

The APC(u) is only needed for performance. It is only a warning message. You
can ignore it's missing.

There is no quick way to update as far as I see. We are trying to do exactly
that for quite some time. Unfortunately, there is no full-fledged full-stack
developer at hand that is able and willing to help porting the sytem at the
moment. All tries in this direction were dying out till now.
So, if you know someone or are willing to take a shot yourself, just send me
an email or participate on github.

The only solution to get PartKeepr running in the near future is by fulfilling
its requirements. That is PHP 7.0 or 7.1. If necessary, the container
techniques might help (docker,...) to fulfil these.

Christian

Ralph Deffke

Sep 27, 2020, 5:18:59 PM9/27/20
to PartKeepr Users
well, this:
Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.

  Problem 1
    - doctrine/doctrine-migrations-bundle dev-master requires php ^7.2 -> your PHP version (7.1.33) does not satisfy that requirement.

means for the moment partkeepr is dead? or any workaround?

Christian Wolf

Sep 28, 2020, 4:34:16 AM9/28/20
to partkee...@googlegroups.com
Hello Ralph,

> well, this:
> Updating dependencies (including require-dev)
> Your requirements could not be resolved to an installable set of packages.
>
> Problem 1
> - doctrine/doctrine-migrations-bundle dev-master requires php ^7.2 ->
> your PHP version (7.1.33) does not satisfy that requirement.
>
> means for the moment partkeepr is dead? or any workaround?

you are trying to upgrade using composer. Are you a developer or just copied
codes from the internet?

There should no need for an update be there in order to install at least "one"
version of PartKeepr. If running from the releases file than composer it not
needed at all.

I am just wondering why you seem to insist to run a composer update that
involves upgrading the dependencies.

Christian