Inquiry: Country of Origin for PartKeepr

Zhang, Cynthia X. (GSFC-710.0)[BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON]

Feb 22, 2023, 9:39:57 AM2/22/23
to partkee...@googlegroups.com, Moon, Samuel J. (GSFC-705.0)[BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON]

Hello, my name is Cynthia Zhang and I am a Supply Chain Risk Management Analyst at NASA. NASA is currently conducting a supply chain assessment of PartKeepr. We are interested in confirming the following information:

  1. Is there an organization which sponsors/publishes the project, or a primary developer who audits the code for potential vulnerabilities, errors, or malicious code? Y/N
  2. Please list the country or list of countries where most contributions originate from.

Thank you,

Cynthia

Message has been deleted

Zhang, Cynthia X. (GSFC-710.0)[BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON]

Feb 24, 2023, 7:28:54 AM2/24/23
to partkee...@googlegroups.com, Moon, Samuel J. (GSFC-705.0)[BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON]

Hello, this is Cynthia, hope you are doing well! I am just checking in on whether you have received my email regarding the Country of Origin for PartKeepr.

Thank you,

Cynthia Zhang

Message has been deleted

Zhang, Cynthia X. (GSFC-710.0)[BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON]

Feb 27, 2023, 12:17:01 PM2/27/23
to partkee...@googlegroups.com, Moon, Samuel J. (GSFC-705.0)[BOOZ ALLEN HAMILTON]

Hello, this is Cynthia Zhang. I am following up on the status of the Country of Origin for PartKeepr.

adlerweb

Feb 27, 2023, 2:50:51 PM2/27/23
to PartKeepr Users
Hello Cynthia,

as you probably know this is a public mailing list/discussion group of an open source project, with most resources available on GitHub. There is, to my knowledge, no "main developer", so you'll probably not be able to get any "official" answers.

> 1. Is there an organization which sponsors/publishes the project, or a

> primary developer who audits the code for potential vulnerabilities,
> errors, or malicious code? Y/N

I am not aware of any activities or a sponsoring like you described. These would usually be listed in README.md[1]/THANKS[2], would show up in security advisories [3] or be visible in commit messages [4].

> 2. Please list the country or list of countries where most
> contributions originate from.

PartKeeper was originally written by "Drachenkaetzchen" with "christianlupus" also showing a bunch of additions [5]. Both share >50% of committed lines and are – according to their profiles – located in Germany.

(Just to make it clear: I am just a user, not involved in development of PartKeepr and just pointing you to public resources.)