Modify settings of Partkeepr?

Vid Gabor

Feb 26, 2023, 2:31:13 PM2/26/23
to PartKeepr Users
Dear All,

Sometimes I get a "The server returned a response which we were not able to interpret." message. I read several articles online and found that it is caused by WSSE authentication and we should use HTTP BASIC instead. How can I change the authentication provider from WSSE to HTTP BASIC without reinstalling the whole thing. There are already hundreds of items in the database, I don't want to lose that.

Gabor Vid

Acceptable Name

Feb 27, 2023, 11:43:52 AM2/27/23
to PartKeepr Users
You should learn how to use mysqldump if you have a lot of stuff in PartKeepr that you don't want to lose. That program lets you save your database data. You don't have to install it if you already installed Mariadb or MySQL; it's part of those. If you look for "Transfer the database" in my instructions it has examples of how to use mysqldump.

The manual says "WSSE might give problems with out-of-sync time between the server and clients."
Are the clocks on your computers set to the right time?

Vid Gabor

Feb 27, 2023, 12:36:21 PM2/27/23
to Acceptable Name, PartKeepr Users
Thank you!

I use mysqldump frequently, I backup the database with it.

I use partkeepr on a LAN, it runs on a local server, and this server also has the local NTP server, to which all our machines are synchronized.

Gabor Vid

Acceptable Name

Feb 27, 2023, 1:28:45 PM2/27/23
to Vid Gabor, PartKeepr Users
Did you try re-running setup? I Put PartKeepr on a new VM with the wsse option and then I re-ran setup and changed it to use http basic auth.

Vid Gabor

Feb 27, 2023, 1:33:02 PM2/27/23
to Acceptable Name, PartKeepr Users
The question was about how I can do this so that the database is not damaged (of course, a backup of the database and the files is also made before). I couldn't find a description of the steps needed to run setup again.

Gabor Vid