partkeepr on win10

patw...@gmail.com

Jul 17, 2017, 3:25:23 PM7/17/17
to PartKeepr Users
Does the current version (1.2.0) work on windows?

 I'm trying to use it on Win10 using Wampserver and I've been beating my head against the wall trying to get it to work.  Reading through the Community Support group, I found a message from 8/5/15 "Completely Lost..." that reads "Note that the current PartKeepr version cannot run on Windows, because Windows doesn't support the same filename in upper/lower case. PartKeepr has a file called partkeepr.js as well as PartKeepr.js in the current release. "

I thought I had read other messages on here talking about using under Windows, but I need to hear that the current version can work.  I'm just a guy trying to run a business. I'm not a programmer, but I can find my way around a computer pretty well.  I have Wampserver installed without issues and everything else seems to run fine. My problems are just installing partkeepr.

 I know I'm supposed to include all the system specs with a question here, and I will if I post a more specific question, but I just need to know that I'm not on a wild goose chase. FWIW, I can run the demo under virtualbox without any issues.

 Thanks,
 Pat

Felicia Hummel

Jul 17, 2017, 3:29:45 PM7/17/17
to partkee...@googlegroups.com
On 07/17/2017 09:25 PM, patw...@gmail.com wrote:
> Does the current version (1.2.0) work on windows?

No idea. I never tried. As such, I cannot give any support for PartKeepr
on Windows.

If you have specific questions regarding problems you have, I might be
able to help, but I can't answer the "Does PartKeepr run on Windows"
question. Probably yes.

All the best
Felicia

tegsn...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2017, 3:29:16 PM7/18/17
to PartKeepr Users, patw...@gmail.com
hey did u ever got it to work?

patw...@gmail.com

Jul 18, 2017, 4:54:29 PM7/18/17
to PartKeepr Users, fel...@drachenkatze.org
Felicia,

 I gave up on trying to get it to install under win10. It was failing on the 1st screen of the setup (verifying php). It seems to me that either the path to php wasn't properly identified on my system, or maybe an environment variable wasn't set. Not sure what setup was looking for. I also couldn't find anything in the error logs (level set at debug).

 On the brighter side, I decided to follow the excellent instructions for loading it in a Debian VM (under win10 using virtualbox). It took me about 4 hours to get it all working today, (I'm a sloppy typist).  I just haven't been able to log in to it after it finished, but I'll get that figured out also.

 Thanks,
 Pat

Felicia Hummel

Jul 18, 2017, 8:23:28 PM7/18/17
to patw...@gmail.com, PartKeepr Users
> On the brighter side, I decided to follow the excellent instructions
> for loading it in a Debian VM (under win10 using virtualbox). It took me
> about 4 hours to get it all working today, (I'm a sloppy typist). I
> just haven't been able to log in to it after it finished, but I'll get
> that figured out also.

I'm glad that it worked out :) Things you might wish to check if you
have chosen WSSE Authentication in Setup - it might not work. If so,
please use HTTP Basic and it should work.

All the best
Felicia

patw...@gmail.com

Jul 20, 2017, 9:42:30 AM7/20/17
to PartKeepr Users, patw...@gmail.com, fel...@drachenkatze.org
Success!

 I ran setup again and selected HTTP Basic and everything works great now. Thanks.   Now to import 13 years of excel sheets :)

 Pat

r.bh...@iitgn.ac.in

Jan 12, 2018, 7:39:16 AM1/12/18
to PartKeepr Users
hi,

Please share the procedure to install and configure partkeepr on windows 10.

Thanks in Advance.

patw...@gmail.com

Jan 12, 2018, 7:47:59 AM1/12/18
to PartKeepr Users
There isn't one. Partkeepr is not designed to work on Windows. As I mentioned above, I found success by installing it under Debian Linux in a virtual machine running on windows. Follow the "Installation Guide" listed in the wiki https://wiki.partkeepr.org/wiki/Main_Page and substitute the latest version for v1.2.0 and you'll get it going.

 Good Luck

Vinicius Silva

Jan 12, 2018, 8:52:40 AM1/12/18
to patw...@gmail.com, PartKeepr Users
you can also se docker on windows. there is a docker images available

Com os melhores cumprimentos,
Vinicius Silva

Rahulendra Bhaskar

Jan 15, 2018, 12:05:37 AM1/15/18
to Vinicius Silva, patw...@gmail.com, PartKeepr Users
Excel file import is available in partkeepr to keep all records from excel to partkeepr record?

Thanks

Thanks & Regards

Rahulendra Bhaskar
Jr.Tech.Supdt.
Materials Management Section
IIT, Gandhinagar
Mobile:7819822911
There is only one caste, the caste of Humanity.
There is only one religion, the religion of Love.
There is only one language, the language of the Heart.
There is only one God and is Omnipresent.

Vinicius Silva

Jan 15, 2018, 6:42:53 AM1/15/18
to Rahulendra Bhaskar, patw...@gmail.com, PartKeepr Users
Partkeepr supports exel import.

Best way to do it is to export a test file and use the csv as the base structure

Rahulendra Bhaskar

Jan 17, 2018, 2:03:14 AM1/17/18
to Vinicius Silva, patw...@gmail.com, PartKeepr Users
Thanks for the prompt reply.

Request you to please send me the complete installation and configuration of the partkeepr on Ubuntu 16.04 LTS.
I am not able to install from google guidance.

Thanks

Vinicius Silva

Jan 17, 2018, 6:21:37 AM1/17/18
to r.bh...@iitgn.ac.in, PartKeepr Users
You have a virtual machine to download on the partkeepr website

0z0n...@gmail.com

Oct 22, 2019, 5:05:22 PM10/22/19
to PartKeepr Users
Partkeepr does run on windows with no issues .. I've installed it successfully and am using it everyday

Apache 2.4.41
PHP 7.1
MYSQL
Windows server 2012

albert...@gmail.com

Jan 13, 2020, 7:11:27 AM1/13/20
to PartKeepr Users
Well please share with us how you did it

thank you

Henry Miller

Feb 28, 2022, 12:47:57 PM2/28/22
to PartKeepr Users
+1 please enlighten us 0z0n

I cannot get past the first step of install where it checks the PHP settings:

partkeepr install prob.PNG