Installing Partkeepr on a QNAP TS-509 Pro NAS

Chris Van Niekerk

Sep 22, 2020, 9:09:04 AM9/22/20
to PartKeepr Users

Hi

Has anyone installed Partkeepr on the above NAS? If so, can you please share the procedure with me.

Best regards
Chris

Christian Wolf

Sep 25, 2020, 4:32:36 AM9/25/20
to partkee...@googlegroups.com
Hello Chris,

unfortunately, I do not own such a NAS. I can only help with general questions
and information.

- What OS is used on that NAS is it Linux-based?
- Do you have a web server (apache, nginx, lighttpd) installed or can do so
via packaging system?
- Do you have PHP available? Which versions (we need PHP <= 7.1)?
- The same holds true for MySQL (or MariaDB <= 10.1). Available?
- Do you have shell access (SSH/putty is pretty fine) to the machine?
- Are there any security considerations to be taken? (The machine is not
reachable from the internet, right?)

These are a few questions to get it running...
Christian

o1bigtenor

Sep 25, 2020, 8:20:14 AM9/25/20
to Christian Wolf, partkee...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 3:32 AM 'Christian Wolf' via PartKeepr Users
<partkee...@googlegroups.com> wrote:

> Hello Chris,
>
> unfortunately, I do not own such a NAS. I can only help with general questions
> and information.
>
> - What OS is used on that NAS is it Linux-based?
> - Do you have a web server (apache, nginx, lighttpd) installed or can do so
> via packaging system?
> - Do you have PHP available? Which versions (we need PHP <= 7.1)?

My last reading of the docs I though 7.2 would work.
Please advise.

(Have found some docs on running multiple versions of PHP at the same time.)

Regards

o1bigtenor

Sep 25, 2020, 12:49:30 PM9/25/20
to Christian Wolf, partkee...@googlegroups.com
On Fri, Sep 25, 2020 at 10:01 AM Christian Wolf
<clupu...@googlemail.com> wrote:

> Hello once more,
>
> > > - Do you have PHP available? Which versions (we need PHP <= 7.1)?
> >
> > My last reading of the docs I though 7.2 would work.
> > Please advise.
>
> No I doubt that. Can you give me a reference where you read that?

I think I found what I had read, read incorrectly!!
Says that 7.3 does NOT work and that it was less than or equal to 7.1 would.
I didn't look at all the parts so I assumed if 7.3 does not and 7.1 does then
7.2 is likely to even though it wasn't referred to.
Both mathematically and logically my assumption was in error.

> I just had to insert these lines https://github.com/partkeepr/PartKeepr/blob/
> master/web/setup/tests/check-php.php#L8-L10 that do in fact reject PHP 7.2 or
> later.
>
> > (Have found some docs on running multiple versions of PHP at the same time.)
>
> You have a PHP site already running?

Yes and I'm on 7.3.19.

> What architecture is this NAS? Is it i386-based or some other architecture
> (ARM)?

Sorry wasn't my question.

A concern from my wheelhouse.
The primary developer of Partkeepr is on an extended leave of absence.
Partkeepr at least partly relies on Symfony. The version used in Partkeepr
was EOLed quite some time ago and a new version is going to hit pdq.
(New version
is some 3 versions, or more, past the used version.)
AIUI the further behind the somewhat current curve one gets on dependencies
the more likely the project just dies. Is there some work on moving
the dependency
curve forward happening at this point?

Regards