Re: [Fwd: Re: Problem with DU 3.6 using Obsolete 'common' files]

Stuart Levy

Nov 18, 2010, 6:38:13 PM11/18/10
to Gilbert Weingarten, sl...@ncsa.uiuc.edu, part...@googlegroups.com
The binaries posted on the Hayden Planetarium web site have
gotten fairly long in the tooth -- 6 years or so I think -- and
most linux distributions have never been very careful about
maintaining shared-library backward compatibility for old
system library versions. (libc, libstdc++, libncurses, ...)

The best thing to do is to recompile, so I just did that,
on a 32-bit intel Fedora 11 system, and tested the result on
an Ubuntu 10.4.1 amd64 system. It seems to run fine.

You can find it on the partiview web page:
http://virdir.ncsa.illinois.edu/partiview/

See under "Binaries". There are recent versions posted for Windows,
Mac OS X (intel, compiled under 10.5), and Linux 32-bit intel.

The MacOS and linux bundles include both "partiview" and a
companion colormap editor, "cmed".