PF2 install in conda environment

William Wilson

Oct 22, 2020, 8:14:10 PM10/22/20
to PartitionFinder

The manual says that a way of installing partitionfinder2 is with anaconda. We have Anaconda3 and want to conda create and install pf2. What is the procedure to do this?

Thanks.

Rob Lanfear

Oct 22, 2020, 8:16:52 PM10/22/20
to PartitionFinder
Hi William,

That's just to install the python dependencies easily. The instructions for that are on page 8 of the manual. Once you've done that, the rest of the instructions are independent of anaconda.

There are some related instructions here: https://apolo-docs.readthedocs.io/en/latest/software/applications/partitionFinder/2.1.1/, though I just googled them so I don't actually know if they are correct, but they seem about right.

Rob