raxml-ng in PF2

Karla Vargas

Mar 25, 2021, 8:58:17 PM3/25/21
to PartitionFinder
Hello,
I was wondering if PF2 works with raxml-NG and if so, does it increase the models to compare when using --raxml and models =all.
Thank you!
Karla

Rob Lanfear

Mar 28, 2021, 7:58:45 PM3/28/21
to PartitionFinder
Hi Karla,

The answer is no. In principle it would be a fairly small update to make this work, but there's a good reason not to. We have almost finished working on the successor to PF2, which is ModelFinder2. ModelFinder2 brings together everything from PF2 and the first version of ModelFinder, and it's built right into IQ-TREE. So, it will cover all the models in IQ-TREE2, and we have a whole host of new tricks to make things run faster.

You can try it out already over here: https://github.com/iqtree/iqtree2/

Some of the default settings might change, as we are still finalising the code and the benchmarking. But it's pretty close to done. If you have feedback on MF2, please post it on the IQ-TREE user group!

Rob

Karla Vargas

Mar 31, 2021, 7:53:23 PM3/31/21
to PartitionFinder