.pts/xyz to .bin doesn't work

ytsejam1976

Feb 24, 2017, 3:53:47 PM2/24/17
to partio-discuss
Hi there. Maybe i missing something but that happened. Any file i'm trying to convert to bin format, by cmd partconv.exe fileIn.00001.xyz fileout.00001.bin, i receive a message that say "Attribute found that we don't support yet"
What i missing?

John Cassella

Feb 25, 2017, 4:24:08 PM2/25/17
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
The Xyz and Pts formats are a bit  finicky
firstly they are only   ASCII  formats, not  binary.

second  XYZ is a subset of PTS    and  supports less attributes than PTS..  try renaming your file  to  .pts instead of .xyz and see if it works..

the XYZ and PTS formats at  least require  3 columns of data   X/Y/Z position,    and PTS  has extra/optional  handling for  additional  color  R/G/B  and  up to 2 more  channels which are optional.

check your  file in a text editor and see what the data looks like.

post a couple lines of it here if you want.

also if there's any header "comment" lines   you can try to take them out of the file as well in the text editor as well.. that may help  too.

-johnc.