Configure Error - Unknown CMake command "SWIG_ADD_LIBRARY"

Snow Tsui

Oct 9, 2018, 11:22:50 PM10/9/18
to partio-discuss
Hi,

Just as title mentioned. I already successfully build "seexpr" and installed. Now I started building the partio, when I just follow the instruction from github partio page. It brings me this SWIG error. I checked I already have swig on my machine and I tried to install them again by "sudo apt-get install swig swig3.0". After these tries, still cannot figure out this issue. Any ideas?

Thanks,
Snow

John Cassella

Oct 10, 2018, 1:18:49 PM10/10/18
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
The  swig_add_library is  a command that should be  exposed in the  cmake   swig  file that it is expecting to find.   Its possible that your cmake is  not finding   your   swig.cmake  file    or  maybe it is named something different  or the  swig.cmake file  does not contain that  command any more  to add library paths..
its possible to build without  swig and python    if you don't  need the python bindings for  partio  you should be able to just remove the  include to the python folder in the main cmake config files.

Xue Cui

Oct 10, 2018, 1:34:50 PM10/10/18
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
Yes, I think I don’t need it. But I will try your suggestuons to make it work anyway. Thanks again!
--
Snow,
Rodeo R&D

David Aguilar

Oct 10, 2018, 1:59:52 PM10/10/18
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
We've been using cmake 3.2 -- the old swig_add_module stuff has been
deprecated so I'm guessing that might need to upgrade cmake.

We should probably fix our cmakelists.txt so that it calls out 3.2 as
the minimum version.
David

Snow Tsui

Oct 10, 2018, 2:36:54 PM10/10/18