Partio for Maya2015 or 2016

jon meier

Aug 11, 2016, 6:19:51 AM8/11/16
to partio-discuss
Are there any recent builds that work on latest Maya? I am testing all avenues of bringing point attributes into Maya from houdini, and Partio keeps being recommended to me as a good solution.
I can't find anything for the last 2 versions of Maya.

Thanks!
-Jon

Matt Estela

Aug 11, 2016, 6:52:38 AM8/11/16
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
We've been using alembic to export points with attribs for about a year, working pretty well. Note that it goes directly to our custom procedural within the render, not maya, but I _think_ I've loaded it in maya to test at some point.

dann...@grid-vfx.com

Aug 13, 2016, 10:27:26 PM8/13/16
to partio-discuss, matt....@gmail.com
Hey All,

Same request for a Maya 2015/2016 build here. I cannot use alembic as a temp solution as my pointcloud data comes from different sources.not houdini and have not found a good working xyz/ply to alembic alternative.

Thanks !

Jorge Ivanovich

Mar 22, 2017, 4:01:25 PM3/22/17
to partio-discuss, matt....@gmail.com