Rendering the particles

Saugat KC

Jan 22, 2014, 1:56:03 AM1/22/14
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
I successfully imported my particles into Maya with Partio. But when I render these particles,
it generates nothing. Only the CAD model is rendered. I tried rendering with Mental ray, Maya Hardware but none of these
produces particles. What should I do to render these particles from Maya?

Sachin Shrestha

Jan 22, 2014, 9:53:45 PM1/22/14
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
Are you using the partioViz node to load the particles? If so then I don't think that's a renderable node by default. It's only a viewport locator/placeholder. You are better off using the partioEmitter which will hook up the cache to regular Maya particles which should render by default.

Saugat KC

Jan 23, 2014, 2:01:32 AM1/23/14
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
Thank you Sachin for the reply.
Only partioViz is loading my particles not PartioEmitter. The particles are in PTS format as follows:
-3.94185 -58.2544 46.9779 9.64471 28.8675 -28.8675 0
-5.00147 -58.0045 46.817 -1.54507 28.8675 -28.8675 0
-2.63322 -55.4525 46.7954 -3.63165 6.87028 -28.8675 0
0.0905185 -58.7928 47.097 4.34872 28.8675 -28.8675 -0.319496
When I try to load my particles via PartioEmitter, neither the particles loads nor any error is displayed.

Sachin Shrestha

Jan 23, 2014, 11:56:41 AM1/23/14
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
Afaik, partioViz won't render anything. Like I said its only a viewport placeholder (John can correct me if I'm wrong). I read your other thread where you were able to emit the particles using xyz format...? Have never tried the PTS format but if the viz loads it then the emitter should too. Not sure why that wouldn't work.

Saugat KC

Jan 23, 2014, 7:02:12 PM1/23/14
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
Hello Sachin,
Previously nothing was loading into the Maya so I converted my particle system to generate particles in PTS format.
That is when PartioViz loads the particles. I thought it will work for me but.....
Still trying to load particles through PartioEmitter.

Redpawfx

Jan 24, 2014, 10:02:09 PM1/24/14
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
Saugat,   Xyz and pts formats basically use the same format reader so that's fine.  it sounds like its possible that if you're not getting any feedback from the partio emitter at all, that you may not have the emitter hooked up to any particle objects.

To use the partio emitter you need to create a  partio emitter and a particle, Or n particle object.
Then connect the partio emitter to the particle or nparticle  object using the maya dynamic relationships editor.  When connected it should create an extra attribute on the Per particle attributes called. PartioID.  Make sure that you set the start frame on the particle system  to be something you would expect and that matches your particle caches.  After doing these steps you should at least get some partio feedback after you plug in your cache to the partio emitter file path.

Let me know.  I can set you up an example file that should work for you if need be.

Johnc

Sent from my iPad
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to partio-discus...@googlegroups.com.

Saugat KC

Jan 24, 2014, 10:06:21 PM1/24/14
to partio-...@googlegroups.com
Dear john,

Thankyou for the reply.
I would really appriciate if you could set an example file for me. I am preety new to maya environment. So that would be a really great help.

Saugat
You received this message because you are subscribed to a topic in the Google Groups "partio-discuss" group.

よろしくお願いします
株式会社E&T開発センター
ソウガット ケーシー

〒332-0016
埼玉県川口市幸町2-17-1
パークホームズ川口幸町センターステージ 214号

電話番号:048 452 4115

携帯電話番号:09017373145

Mark Jones

Mar 1, 2016, 12:22:42 PM3/1/16
to partio-discuss
Hi John

I would appreciate it if you could send me an example file too.

Thanks