NServiceBus.Unicast.Queuing.FailedToSendMessageException

David Mäder

Sep 29, 2016, 6:44:27 AM9/29/16
to Particular Software
Helpful information to include
Product name: NServiceBus
Version:4.7.8
Stacktrace:
Has anyone ever come across the below error? All I'm hoping to get is some leads or hints what to check or where to dig a little deeper. Describing my system in its entirety would be quite complicated, but essentially it's a saga (NSB, using MSMQ) which orchestrates several subsystems. One of the subsystems, upon successful completion of its work, sends back an acknowledge message to the saga, but the send operation caused the error.
The system has worked really well in the past months, but all of a sudden the below error appeared. What is strange is that it only happens sporadically and it cannot be reproduced either, i.e. it sometimes works and sometimes it doesn't. Furthermore, for a given data set, if it first fails, on the second attempt it works.
Any hints are welcome. Many thanks, David

Error Message

ERROR - 05:24:48.859 NServiceBus.Unicast.Queuing.FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send message to address: cs.isr.white...@169.56.44.4 ---> System.Messaging.MessageQueueException: Cannot enlist the transaction.

at System.Messaging.MessageQueue.SendInternal(Object obj, MessageQueueTransaction internalTransaction, MessageQueueTransactionType transactionType)

at NServiceBus.Transports.Msmq.MsmqMessageSender.Send(TransportMessage message, Address address)

at NServiceBus.Transports.Msmq.MsmqMessageSender.ThrowFailedToSendException(Address address, Exception ex)

at NServiceBus.Transports.Msmq.MsmqMessageSender.Send(TransportMessage message, Address address)

at NServiceBus.Unicast.Behaviors.DispatchMessageToTransportBehavior.Invoke(SendPhysicalMessageContext context, Action next)

at NServiceBus.MessageMutator.MutateOutgoingPhysicalMessageBehavior.Invoke(SendPhysicalMessageContext context, Action next)

at NServiceBus.Unicast.Behaviors.SerializeMessagesBehavior.Invoke(SendPhysicalMessageContext context, Action next)

at NServiceBus.Pipeline.PipelineExecutor.Execute[T](BehaviorChain`1 pipelineAction, T context)

at NServiceBus.Unicast.Behaviors.CreatePhysicalMessageBehavior.Invoke(SendLogicalMessagesContext context, Action next)

at NServiceBus.Unicast.Behaviors.MultiSendValidatorBehavior.Invoke(SendLogicalMessagesContext context, Action next)

at NServiceBus.Pipeline.PipelineExecutor.Execute[T](BehaviorChain`1 pipelineAction, T context)

at NServiceBus.Pipeline.PipelineExecutor.InvokeSendPipeline(SendOptions sendOptions, IEnumerable`1 messages)

at NServiceBus.Unicast.UnicastBus.SendMessages(SendOptions sendOptions, List`1 messages)

at CS.CMAP.WhiteLabel.Service.MessageHandlers.ImportRequestHandler.Handle(StartCmapCommand message)

Weronika Labaj

Sep 29, 2016, 7:02:34 AM9/29/16
to Particular Software
Hi David!

Instead of copying all the information, here are a few hints that you might find useful:

W dniu czwartek, 29 września 2016 12:44:27 UTC+2 użytkownik David Mäder napisał:
[...]

ERROR - 05:24:48.859 NServiceBus.Unicast.Queuing.FailedToSendMessageException: Failed to send message to address: cs.isr.whitelabeling.bus@169.56.44.4 ---> System.Messaging.MessageQueueException: Cannot enlist the transaction.

David Mäder

Sep 29, 2016, 10:58:30 AM9/29/16
to Particular Software
Hi Weronika, thanks very much for your suggestions! Will need time to investigate this, but it looks like it's getting me on the right track.

Weronika Labaj

Sep 30, 2016, 1:31:46 AM9/30/16
to Particular Software
I'm glad to hear that. Keep me updated, please. If any of those tips doesn't help we'll investigate further.