Docs updating to VS2017 Update 3 + C# 7.1

David Boike

Sep 11, 2017, 4:46:04 PM9/11/17
to Particular Software

Hi everyone,

We are in the process of updating samples and tutorials to Visual Studio 2017 Update 3 and C# 7.1.

Microsoft is increasing the rate at which they release new IDE and language features. Our samples need to keep up with those updates as well. By upgrading the samples to the latest Visual Studio 2017 and C# it is possible to leverage:

  • Async Main to make the asynchronous samples more leightweight
  • Default Literals for samples and snippets to make them even more terse without losing their expressiveness

These changes enable us to do a better job of fulfilling our documentation's central mission to illustrate how to use NServiceBus with the bare minimum of distracting boilerplate.

We understand this may cause some friction for people not able to update to VS 2017. The hope is that, for this scenario, the inline snippets rendered on the docs website, and the fact that the downloaded samples .cs files should be mostly re-usable, will mitigate the problem. If, for some reason, and you cannot install VS 2017, some alternatives are:

If any help is required upgrading to a new version of Visual Studio or help with C# 7.1, then please contacts us either via the Google Group or by raising a new issue in our documentation repository.

Sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.

The entire team,
in Particular