FLR when scaling out using RabbitMQ

Lee

Sep 12, 2017, 6:15:14 AM9/12/17
to Particular Software
We are currently using version 5.2.14.

When I kick off multiple instances of the NSB host configured identically and a message errors, I am seeing it being retried more than 5 times.

Is this Expected behaviour?

Szymon Pobiega

Sep 12, 2017, 8:06:44 AM9/12/17
to particula...@googlegroups.com
Hi

Yes, this is an expected behavior. Here https://docs.particular.net/nservicebus/recoverability/#immediate-retries you can read more about it. The way immediate retries work is the receive transaction is rolled back so the message is not altered in any way. The retries counter is stored in memory in each endpoint instance. So the actual number of attempts is the number of scaled out instance times the configured value.

Szymon