Parsing a few date/time formats

Pratik Poddar

Feb 17, 2014, 7:57:31 AM2/17/14
to parsedat...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Really appreciate if you could please help me add the code to parse the following date formats as well:

cal.parse('4 February 2014 18.33 GMT')

cal.parse('2014-02-03T14:01:04-08:00')

cal.parse('Tue, 11 Jun 2013 19:06:18 -0400')

Thanks a lot. I have mailed Mike and posted on github issues page as well. No one seems to respond anywhere. If this library is not being actively developed anymore, please suggest another library which can help me solve the issues?

Thanks

bear

Feb 17, 2014, 8:09:38 AM2/17/14
to parsedat...@googlegroups.com
While it's not active, I do still work on it as I get time from work and life.

the library is primarily used to parse dates that have a more "human readable" aspect to them, the examples you give all could be parsed using normal date parsing code once the pattern was figured out.

one of the contributors recently added an nlp() routine to the library which may help with what you want to do as it would take each date fragment and return it in a tuple with position information.

if I have time this week I will take a look at how nlp() works with your examples and see what I can do.

Bear

be...@xmpp.org (email)
bea...@gmail.com (xmpp, email)
be...@code-bear.com (xmpp, email)
http://code-bear.com/bearlog (weblog)

PGP Fingerprint = 9996 719F 973D B11B E111  D770 9331 E822 40B3 CD29

Pratik Poddar

Feb 17, 2014, 8:53:14 AM2/17/14
to parsedat...@googlegroups.com
Hey,

Thanks for your reply. Eagerly waiting for your help. In case these library is not for machine generated timestamp, can you please suggest a python library which will understand a date not written in any particular format? Thanks

Regards,
Pratik

Pratik Poddar

Mar 5, 2014, 4:18:14 AM3/5/14
to parsedat...@googlegroups.com
Any development over the last 2 weeks, Sir?