23 September 2021
Reminder: External review of the draft Nature Futures Framework is open until 31 October 2021
Dear IPBES members, observers and other interested stakeholders,
With reference to notification EM/2021/22 (6 September 2021), I would like to remind you that the external review of the draft nature futures framework and methodological guidance is open until 31 October 2021.
The aim of this review is to ensure the highest scientific quality and policy relevance of the draft nature futures framework and methodological guidance by engaging Governments and stakeholders.
If you would like to participate as an expert reviewer in this external review, please follow these steps:
Once registered, you will immediately receive an email providing confidential access to the material and will be requested to submit your comments in English using a template available on the same webpage.
- Register as a user of the IPBES website (https://ipbes.net/user/register) if you have not already done so;
- Register as an expert reviewer for the draft nature futures framework and methodological guidance at https://ipbes.net/registration/nature-futures-framework (this will only work when logged in first as an IPBES website user).
As part of this review, IPBES will organise the following online meetings, for which you can register no later than 2 October:
- An online dialogue workshop for IPBES national focal points and other Government representatives on 4 October 2021. To accommodate for different time zones, participants may choose to attend one of the following sessions:
The link where national focal points can register a delegation will be made available to them after successful registration as a reviewer on https://ipbes.net/registration/nature-futures-framework.
- Monday 4 October: 09:00-11:00 CEST (with English- Chinese, Russian and Arabic interpretation)
- Monday 4 October: 16:00-18:00 CEST (with English- French and Spanish interpretation)
- An online dialogue workshop open to all stakeholders will be organised on 6 October 2021. To accommodate for different time zones, participants can participate in one of the following sessions:
- Wednesday 6 October: 6:00-8:00 CEST (with English- Russian and Chinese interpretation)
- Wednesday 6 October: 13:00-15:00 CEST (with English- French and Arabic interpretation)
- Wednesday 6 October: 18:00-20:00 CEST (with English-Spanish interpretation)
All interested experts, in particular those from the wider scientific community, including experts on narrative approaches from the humanities and social sciences are invited to take part. The meeting registration link will be made available after successful registration as a reviewer on https://ipbes.net/registration/nature-futures-framework.
Please contact the technical support unit on scenarios and models at TSU-IPBES...@pbl.nl for questions on the nature futures framework and the technical support unit on capacity-building at tsu.capaci...@ipbes.net for technical questions on the dialogue meeting for national focal points and other Government representatives, as well as the online stakeholder workshop.
Thank you again for your participation and assistance in strengthening the usefulness of the nature futures framework through this external review.
Dr Anne Larigauderie | Executive Secretary
Intergovernmental Science-Policy Platform on Biodiversity and Ecosystem Services (IPBES)