The Biodiversity Action Guide

Juan F. Masello

Oct 6, 2021, 3:16:33 PM10/6/21
to Parrot Researchers Group
There’s no shortage of strategies available to create a nature-positive planet now—our downloadable guide shows how to translate ambition into action.

We are living through a make-or-break chapter in the story of life on Earth. In the last 50 years alone, vertebrate populations have declined by 68 percent. Today, a full third of freshwater and marine species face extinction, while countless invertebrates could disappear before we realize their full importance to their ecosystems.

Humanity occupies a unique position in this climax. Our actions this decade could either restore the ecological balance or tip it, causing species that rely upon one another within ecosystems to fall like dominoes—with devastating outcomes for human well-being. However overwhelming it sounds, there is good news hidden in these facts: We can still change how this story unfolds.

We still have a chance to save species—and ourselves—if we act now.

Raad more and download the document at

https://www.nature.org/en-us/what-we-do/our-insights/perspectives/biodiversity-action-guide/

Dr. Juan F. Masello
Justus Liebig University Giessen

Personal information, projects and publications
http://www.uni-giessen.de/masello

Behavioural ecology
http://www.frontiersinzoology.com/content/8/1/16

Energy landscapes
https://movementecologyjournal.biomedcentral.com/articles/10.1186/s40462-021-00255-9

Evolution
https://academic.oup.com/mbe/article/36/8/1671/5480301

Loros barranqueros - Embajadores del Monte
https://lorosbarranqueros.blogspot.com/