4.2.0 freeze in master

1 view

Jonathan "Duke" Leto

Mar 17, 2012, 9:46:06 PM3/17/12
to parrot-dev
Howdy,

4.2.0 will be coming out on Tuesday-ish.

Please refrain from merging any big branches, but please feel free to
update the ChangeLog or do small doc fixes in master.

I will let everybody know when I am ready to cut a release tag.

Travis seems to say that master is broken on an optimized clang. Can
somebody throw some tuits at that?

Duke

--
Jonathan "Duke" Leto <jona...@leto.net>
Leto Labs LLC

James E Keenan

Mar 18, 2012, 1:18:24 PM3/18/12
to parro...@lists.parrot.org
On 3/17/12 9:46 PM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:
> 4.2.0 will be coming out on Tuesday-ish.
>
> Please refrain from merging any big branches, but please feel free to
> update the ChangeLog or do small doc fixes in master.

I have been doing some Makefile cage-cleaning in the
kid51/makefile_variables branch. While I think the changes are okay, I
will hold off merging them until after the release.

> Travis seems to say that master is broken on an optimized clang. Can
> somebody throw some tuits at that?

I identified some problems with the g++ build which Andy has fixed (GI
#738, IIRC). Can you see if they clear up clang problems as well?

Thank you very much.
Jim Keenan

Jonathan "Duke" Leto

Mar 18, 2012, 1:59:15 PM3/18/12
to James E Keenan, parro...@lists.parrot.org
Howdy,

Some optimized clang bugs have been fixed by Andy/Jim, but I am still
seeing these on my Ubuntu laptop:

http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/report_details/26690

Duke

Andy Lester

Mar 18, 2012, 2:06:42 PM3/18/12
to Jonathan "Duke" Leto, parro...@lists.parrot.org

On Mar 18, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Jonathan Duke Leto wrote:

Some optimized clang bugs have been fixed by Andy/Jim, but I am still
seeing these on my Ubuntu laptop:

http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/report_details/26690

FYI, I'm not doing any more warning tweaking until after the release on Tuesday.

xoa

Andy Lester

Mar 18, 2012, 2:09:50 PM3/18/12
to Jonathan "Duke" Leto, parro...@lists.parrot.org

On Mar 18, 2012, at 12:59 PM, Jonathan Duke Leto wrote:

Some optimized clang bugs have been fixed by Andy/Jim, but I am still
seeing these on my Ubuntu laptop:

http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/report_details/26690

At this point, I'm not doing any more warning tweaking until after the release.

James E Keenan

Mar 18, 2012, 10:02:46 PM3/18/12
On 3/18/12 1:59 PM, Jonathan "Duke" Leto wrote:
> Howdy,
>
> Some optimized clang bugs have been fixed by Andy/Jim, but I am still
> seeing these on my Ubuntu laptop:
>
> http://smolder.parrot.org/app/projects/report_details/26690

So, at the very least, Parrot is building on clang. It's just not
passing all tests.

I notice that in that Smolder report, your Configure.pl args are
reported as:

"--cc=ccache cc" "--ccflags=-g" "--cc=clang" "--link=clang" "--ld=clang"
"--optimize" "--prefix=/home/leto/git/parrot/installed_parrot"

So you have two different values for '--cc'. Have you ruled this
duplication out as a source of confusion? (I suspect only one gets set
and that is has nothing to do with bignum or Postgres errors, but, hey,
we gotta rule out the obvious.)

jimk