Fwd: [deanwoodcitizens] Fwd: STATEMENT: Councilmember Gray on Decision 2024

Justin Lini

Dec 21, 2023, 12:12:22 PM12/21/23
to Parkside Civic Association, Pollin Memorial HOA
Neighbors;

Good afternoon. I wanted to pass along this peice of local news:

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

December 20, 2023

Contact: Chuck Thies

cth...@dccouncil.gov | (202) 957-0873

GRAY: “I WILL NOT SEEK RE-ELECTION IN 2024”

"I Will Continue To Be an Advocate for Our City and the People Who Call It Home”

Washington, D.C. – Today, the office of Ward 7 D.C. Councilmember Vincent C. Gray released the following statement from Gray:

"It has been one of the great honors of my life to serve District of Columbia residents as Ward 7 Councilmember, Council Chair and Mayor. With determination and by working together, we achieved what we set out to accomplish, overcame great challenges and, most importantly, uplifted people from all walks of life," said Gray.

"Our mission will never be complete. Our shared desire to make the District a better place each and every day is enduring," said Gray. "I will continue to be an advocate for our city and the people who call it home, but the time has come for me to pursue that as a private citizen. Therefore, I will not seek re-election in 2024."

"Much work remains to be done, as does the task of ensuring continued progress on many fronts. My final year in office will be no different than any other; every day I will put my shoulder to the stone and serve the people who sent me here," said Gray.

###