Fwd: Invitation to Join 295 Corridor Public Meetings

Justin Lini

Jan 16, 2024, 5:08:20 PMJan 16
to Parkside Civic Association, Pollin Memorial HOA
Neighbors;

Good afternoon. I'm happy to share word about an upcoming public meeting on how 295 has affected our communities for decades. This one looks like it could be a big deal, as DC is looking to get our perspectives on a big picture view of the future of 295.
This is a virtual session so anyone can call in.

Good afternoon Colleague,

I hope this message finds you and your family well. We want to invite you to attend two virtual public meetings on the DC/I-295 Corridor Improvement Study which will take place on the following days/times:

  • Tuesday, Jan 23rd from 6:30 – 8:00 PM
  • Wednesday, Jan 24th from 6:30 – 8:00 PM

This study explores the historical impact of the 1950s construction of Route 295 (DC-295)/Interstate 295 (I-295) Corridor, which resulted in a community barrier contributing to a legacy of inequity in many neighborhoods throughout Wards 7 and 8.

DDOT is studying ways to reconnect communities that have been separated by transportation infrastructure along the Route 295 Corridor. The study will establish a comprehensive framework for future construction endeavors, offering solutions to mitigate the challenges posed by the Corridor. These solutions include enhanced safety measures, increased accessibility, and the creation of opportunities for multimodal access to everyday destinations, as well as recreational and park spaces.

Please refer to the links below to join these virtual meetings:

Ward 7 Meeting:

DATE: Tuesday, January 23, 2024

TIME: 6:30 pm - 8:00 pm

STUDY AREA: Ward 7