Starting this week! Ward 7— FloodWise Workshops

Justin Lini

May 27, 2024, 11:07:25 PMMay 27
to Parkside Civic Association, Pollin Memorial HOA, egca-em...@googlegroups.com

Neighbors,

Did you know that just ONE INCH of water can cause $25,000 worth of damage to your home? Protect yourself, your family, and your home by becoming flood wise!

We are excited to invite you to our free workshop, "Flood Risk 101," as part of our "Rise Above: Building Flood Wise Communities" series. Everyone is welcome!

Workshop Details:

Date: Thursday, May 30, June 4, and June 18
Time: 6:00 PM - 8:30 PM
Location: Cesar Chavez Public Charter, 3701 Hayes Street NE, Washington, DC 20019
Receive a stipend for completing the workshops

What You Will Learn:

  • How to use FEMA Flood Maps to know your risk of flooding
  • The definition of a floodplain
  • Types of flooding
  • Where and how flooding affects your community

Additional Information:

  • All participants will receive a stipend for completing the workshop.
  • This is the first in a series of workshops designed to help you and your community become more resilient to flooding.

Registration: To register for the workshop, please visit our eventbrite or send an email to in...@w7rhcc.org.

Don’t miss this opportunity to gain valuable, life-saving information and contribute to building a flood-wise community.

We look forward to seeing you there!

Best regards,

Justin A. Lini
MA, International Peace and Conflict Resolution
Member, International Association of Facilitators (IAF)
(202) 768-8019
Justin Lini Fine Art Prints: https://justin-lini.pixels.com/

image0.jpeg