Fwd: Benning FS Public Meeting- June 22nd

Justin Lini

Jun 11, 2024, 11:53:02 AMJun 11
to Parkside Civic Association, Pollin Memorial HOA
Neighbors;

Please see this important announcement about the Benning
Road Service Center environmental cleanup. There will be a public meeting om Saturday, 6/22.

Justin A. Lini
MA, International Peace and Conflict Resolution
Member, International Association of Facilitators (IAF)
(202) 768-8019
Justin Lini Fine Art Prints: https://justin-lini.pixels.com/

The public meeting for the Waterside Feasability study will be held on June 22nd at DOES.  The details are attached in the flyer. Hopefully, each you will be able to invite the members of your community and organizations to participate in both the feasibility study public meeting and in submitting public comments. The June 19th public meeting will be held at the Benning Service Center where we will review the Waterside presentation. Here are the key dates. Please join us.

  • On June 19th, we will hold the Benning CAG meeting in person at our Benning Site facility which will preview the findings that will be presented at the public meeting. All ANC 7D Commissioners strongly encouraged to attend.
  • On June 22nd we will hold a public meeting to present the findings of the draft Waterside Feasibility Study. This meeting will provide an opportunity for the public to submit initial comments and questions on the draft report and for us to gauge initial public reaction to the remedial alternatives under consideration.
  • On July 24th, we will hold a second virtual public meeting to solicit any additional comments.
  • On August 16th, the public comment period will close, after which DOEE and Pepco will consider the comments, prepare written responses, and make any necessary revisions to the Waterside Feasibility Study based on the public comments

Attached is the flyer to share with your constituents and community members. Also, if you will attend the in-person CAG on June 19th at 6:00pm, please respond to this email so we can have a proper headcount for dinner. I will send details for the site later this week.

Benning Service Center - Meeting Flyer FINAL.pdf